Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Obvious Racial Injustices?

Featured Replies

Since the word obvious has been used I will go with Emmitt Till.

 

Rodney King was my first choice but I know that will be argued as not an obvious case of racism.

 

Emmitt Till wasn't murdered by cops but the justice system protected his murderers instead of searching for justice. Hell, the whole state of Mississippi protected his killers. For me that is most obvious case of racism that I can think of.

  • Author

Thank you PP.

Thank you PP.

 

No problem. I liked the use of the word obvious. I had to think of something that isn't debatable. That isn't easy at all. Took me 12+ hours to come up with an answer.

Surprised there isnt 10 pages of comments.

I was looking to rent a bigger house with some land. Met the owner ( white as I am) gave him all the info. He said since it needed painted and some small carpet replaced that he would swap it in lou of a deposit. We were set on the date the electricity was to be transfered and ready to sign. I found the house, my wife ( black ) wanted to do a walk thru, she hadn't seen it yet from the inside like I had. Owner met us there let us walk thru. Next day I got a call and we weren't qualified all of a sudden even though we had already been before he seen my wife? You tell me... 1300 rent and I was making 90 grand a year then...

Is this a tongue in cheek comment? Just trying to get the lay of the land before responding in here.

 

I thought the thread was about oppression in society, didn't realize he was basically just wanting to rehash police issues.

 

Yes my post was sarcastic as I think oppression in housing, jobs, educational opportunities are a bigger issue...they just don't play as well on YouTube because the people doing the oppressing don't do it overtly.

From Fear the Nation--- " I found the house, my wife ( black ) wanted to do a walk thru, she hadn't seen it yet from the inside like I had.

 

I'd say in the last week people learning you have a black wife and me having a gay couple living out back in my pool house sure hurts some stereotypes .. LOL !!!!!

  • Author

Thank you for sharing FtN.

 

That's ridiculous.

  • Author
I thought the thread was about oppression in society, didn't realize he was basically just wanting to rehash police issues.

 

Yes my post was sarcastic as I think oppression in housing, jobs, educational opportunities are a bigger issue...they just don't play as well on YouTube because the people doing the oppressing don't do it overtly.

 

This morning on First Take, Steven A Smith was blasting Boomer Esiason. One of the comments was "You can't understand because you are a white man."

 

I don't buy that argument. I think I am predisposed to dispositions because of my upbringing, but I don't think it's impossible for me to understand so I thought I would ask BGP to help.

I believe strongly in personal accountability so I have a hard time with most of the situations the media has focused on lately. I wanted to hear about innocent black victims. The examples given so far have been perfect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.