Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick Is Not Black

Featured Replies

I follow football very closely and have my entire life. College and NFL. I didn't know. Your blanket statement is simply wrong.

 

His life story was the ESPN emotional segment for 2 years.

 

I just assumed anyone would know paying attention to sports . My bad.

 

He is a unique story who grew up in a entirely different situation which makes his stance odd. Does he feel the entire family around him who raised him and loved him should feel guilty?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you follow football you know he is black , half black whatever you want to describe.

.

 

I dont follow football. Is our president black or white ? Never understood why we don't call Obama white, but we call him black.

I dont follow football. Is our president black or white ? Never understood why we don't call Obama white, but we call him black.

 

Come on this is obtuse. Yes he has parents of different races but we all know someone is called the race that is more prominent in appearance.

 

But I would argue that is mainly because of some people's obsession on both sides of the spectrum to identify by race instead of unique characteristics.

Come on this is obtuse. Yes he has parents of different races but we all know someone is called the race that is more prominent in appearance.

 

But I would argue that is mainly because of some people's obsession on both sides of the spectrum to identify by race instead of unique characteristics.

 

Andy Dufrense spent 30 days in the box for calling someone Obtuse.

I hate it when we have identify someone by race. First black president, white guy can dunk, black man killed by cop. Hopefully my boys live to see less distinction of color and can judge someone by their actions. Not their race, religion, sexual orientation or any other hang ups we have.

  • Author
His life story was the ESPN emotional segment for 2 years.

 

I just assumed anyone would know paying attention to sports . My bad.

 

He is a unique story who grew up in a entirely different situation which makes his stance odd. Does he feel the entire family around him who raised him and loved him should feel guilty?

 

Two questions come to mind.

 

1. Does having white parents cause people to not discriminate against him? Does everyone he encounters know he's "basically white?"

 

2. Can you not stand for something if you have never suffered ? Can you only stand for anti-discrimination if you've actually been discriminated against?

 

Like the "flag issue" being a red herring IMO this, too, feels like a way to discredit the issue.

Two questions come to mind.

 

1. Does having white parents cause people to not discriminate against him? Does everyone he encounters know he's "basically white?"

 

2. Can you not stand for something if you have never suffered ? Can you only stand for anti-discrimination if you've actually been discriminated against?

 

Like the "flag issue" being a red herring IMO this, too, feels like a way to discredit the issue.

 

Those are fair questions. I have no clue what he went he went through. I just said it was unique he has a lighter skinned tone and an entire white family. Grew up in a very affluent area. It's just unique.

 

I get Carmelo. KAP is different.

  • Author
Those are fair questions. I have no clue what he went he went through. I just said it was unique he has a lighter skinned tone and an entire white family. Grew up in a very affluent area. It's just unique.

 

I get Carmelo. KAP is different.

 

Like you I haven't lived that life.

 

However, I find it hard to believe that a black man, regardless of parents and financial status, hasn't been raced with being judged by his skin tone.

 

Secondly, even if he says he never faced it himself I don't see why he can't stand up and say he thinks too many blacks are suffering. Can we assume he has friends that are black? Is there a problem with him standing up for them?

Like you I haven't lived that life.

 

However, I find it hard to believe that a black man, regardless of parents and financial status, hasn't been raced with being judged by his skin tone.

 

Secondly, even if he says he never faced it himself I don't see why he can't stand up and say he thinks too many blacks are suffering. Can we assume he has friends that are black? Is there a problem with him standing up for them?

 

Unless you grew up in a really isolated area I find it hard for most people under 40 not to have friends of all races or cultures so yes that is fair.

 

This is off topic but I wonder based on his skin tone and his family he grew up with how many people thought he was black. Like I said earlier my best friend on this planet is half black and half Mexican. He can pass and plays it off as if he's from a whole bunch of different cultures.

 

That has nothing to do with his stance the last paragraph. So it was probably unfair just something I wonder about his childhood. I've never met Deuce but him being bi racial as stated he may have a better idea.

 

At the end of the day it's repetitive I just feel there are better ways to get your message across. Dialogue means we have to come together to talk. Disrespecting the flag doesn't speak unity.

Don't tell my bride. My post was short though so ....plus I was on a side street.

 

#Guilty

 

Clyde! That's insanely irresponsible!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.