Marion County at Elizabethtown predictions

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

One team is down from last year, one team appears to be up from last year.

I still think I'm going to go with Etown on this one, because I'm not sure how much of a quality team Marion beat. This actually might be a pretty good game, though. I'd love to see the Knights pull this one out and get things headed in a great direction.

The running back for the Knights is quick, but I'm trying to be charitable when I say that Nelson County was an awful opponent. It would blow me away if Marion upset a Mark Brown-coached team, no matter how down they profess to be.

I look for this to be a very high-scoring game — I could totally see 100 points between them. Based on past performances and the fact that nobody's totally sure what to make of the NC game, I'll say something along the lines of 48-30 E'town. I'm just not sure the E'town offense will be as kind to the MC defense as NC was.

I'm going to give the nod to Etown as well. I think they beat Marion because it's hard to guage Marion's win versus Nelson. Nelson might just be that bad. I think 54 points is fools gold for the Knights. Now if they beat Etown that will hold more value for me. I'm going with the Panthers in this one.

I pick Marion Co. in this one . I think the coaching change was such a positive move. There seems to be more excitement about MC football than there has been for a long time. I know one win doesn't make a season, but in this case it probably means a lot. I always thought MC had good talent, but the chemistry just didn't seem to be there. I think that has changed.