Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals @ Lions updates

Featured Replies

  • Author

Boyd wide open for a TD reception before the half. 20 to 6

I've always been a Burkhead fan...

 

20-6 Bengals at the half!

  • Author

Going to 4th, still 20 to 6.

If the Bengals don't find a consistent pass rush, the Defense will struggle. Please tell the DC it is OK to blitz some.

 

Dude you can't get past that can you. The Bengals have been one of the best defenses in the nfl for 5 years in a row and they don't do it byourself blitzing. You was singing the same tune last year and the Bengals were third in the nfl in leasthe amount of points given up a game. Meaning what they were doing on offense worked. Twice they held that great steelers offense to under 18 points and once again they didn't blitz much even though you said they would get killed if they didn't blitz a lot.

 

It's quite simple the Bengals are a defense that relies on their front 4 and makes people put drives together and it has led to them being consistently one of the best defenses in football. In fact the Bengals are usually a poor blitzing team anyways and don't do well the times they do blito. Stats and facts don't support your more blitzing claim you been singing for 2 years now.

Where did Smith come from? He maybe our best DB.

 

I've only been talking Smith up for 2 years now. He is not their best DB but has a lot of upside. Why I was so big on him is his ability to make plays on the ball.

Nugent misses another kick. Wake up BENGALS!!!!

 

Now this is something I agree with. They screwed up keeping him 4 years ago over Josh Brown who has been a pro bowler for the Giants. For the life of me I don't know why they are so content with him as their kicker and never really seem to even consider at least trying to find someone to beat him out.

I know people weren't as high on Marvin Jones as I was. However I think he will have a big year for the Lions and is better than most people on here realized. It sure would have been nice to have Jones still and Boyd in the slot because Boyd is going to be a good one though.

 

Also we have a nice thing going at qb with two nfl starting caliber qbs.

Anyone on Fischers injury yet? Is Anthony Collins a free agent? May have to bring him back.

Anyone on Fischers injury yet? Is Anthony Collins a free agent? May have to bring him back.

 

Lindsey Patterson reported it was an ankle sprain on twitter. Did not say how severe.

Dude you can't get past that can you. The Bengals have been one of the best defenses in the nfl for 5 years in a row and they don't do it byourself blitzing. You was singing the same tune last year and the Bengals were third in the nfl in leasthe amount of points given up a game. Meaning what they were doing on offense worked. Twice they held that great steelers offense to under 18 points and once again they didn't blitz much even though you said they would get killed if they didn't blitz a lot.

 

It's quite simple the Bengals are a defense that relies on their front 4 and makes people put drives together and it has led to them being consistently one of the best defenses in football. In fact the Bengals are usually a poor blitzing team anyways and don't do well the times they do blito. Stats and facts don't support your more blitzing claim you been singing for 2 years now.

 

I just hate seeing the QB stand back there and have forever, cause I know our DB will not cover good enough. Pass rush makes the DB's better. That's all I'm saying.

I just hate seeing the QB stand back there and have forever, cause I know our DB will not cover good enough. Pass rush makes the DB's better. That's all I'm saying.

 

I think the pass rush and defensive backs are better than you give credit for. Bengals held qbs to one of the worst passed ratings last year and held offenses to third lowest scoring per game. I know with us being Bengal fans when teams do well against us it makes it seem much worst than it really is. Perception is not always reality. Plus I think we were top 10 in sacks.

 

So if you feel that bad about our defense, than imagine how bad most fan bases must feel about theirs who truly are bad lol.

I think the pass rush and defensive backs are better than you give credit for. Bengals held qbs to one of the worst passed ratings last year and held offenses to third lowest scoring per game. I know with us being Bengal fans when teams do well against us it makes it seem much worst than it really is. Perception is not always reality. Plus I think we were top 10 in sacks.

 

So if you feel that bad about our defense, than imagine how bad most fan bases must feel about theirs who truly are bad lol.

 

FWIW, the Bengals were the 20th ranked pass defense last year...

FWIW, the Bengals were the 20th ranked pass defense last year...

 

Also look at qb ratings against them and add into account the Bengals offense put up a lot of points and got up on teams. Which means teams passed more.

 

We're the the Bengals a shut down defense, nope. We're the Bengals one of the best at not letting teams score, yes. It seems like most people forgot what Pauly g did his first few games as a coordinator a few years ago. He was blitzing alot and the Bengals were getting gashed and big plays. It wasn't until he started doing what Zimmer did and basically only used the 4 man front that the defense did better.

Anyone on Fischers injury yet? Is Anthony Collins a free agent? May have to bring him back.

 

Season is over they can't stay healthy.

Season is over they can't stay healthy.

 

True it's not like they will be back early on or anything.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.