Reds Minor League Updates

From last night...

Louisville lost 17-4

Jesse Winker went 4-5 with a run and 2 RBI

Daytona lost 7-1

Yorman Rodriguez (rehab) went 1-2 with a double and a run. (scheduled for 2 AB’s)

Keury Mella allowed 2 earned (3 total) in 6.0 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.

Dayton won 5-1

Daniel Sweet went 2-4 with a double, run and a walk.

Nick Senzel went 3-4 with a home run (4), 2 steals (15), 3 runs and 2 RBI.

Chris Okey went 1-3 with an RBI.

Billings won 4-3

T.J. Friedl went 3-3 with 2 home runs. Not a bad pro debut.

I left out some of the lesser players. You can see more here...

http://redsminorleagues.com/216/8/6/cincinnati-reds-minor-league-game-review-8516/

Figured we could keep track of these future MVPs here.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senzel 1-3 with a 2 run HR today. Not sure if they would promote him to AA this late in the season, but he appears ready.

I imagine they'd move him to Daytona to end the season if they're looking to advance him at all.

Start next season in AA (may not be Pensacola apparently), with the plan to move him up to AAA at the break, and then potentially a September call up.

I imagine they'd move him to Daytona to end the season if they're looking to advance him at all.

Start next season in AA (may not be Pensacola apparently), with the plan to move him up to AAA at the break, and then potentially a September call up.

Sounds like a nice timeline. Gotta figure out what to do with Suarez as well.

Daytona's closer, Jimmy Herget leads the FSL in saves. As of this morning he has 21 saves in 22 opportunities with a 1.43 ERA.

In his last opportunity, Monday night, he entered the game with 2 out in the eighth with the Tortugas up 9-7 over the Dunedin Blue Jays. He struck out the lone batter in the eighth, walked the lead-off in the top of the ninth, then stuck out the next 3 for the save.

Cincinnati Reds Minor League Game Review - 8/14/16 | redsminorleagues.com

Louisville won 9-4.

Jose Peraza went 1-4 with 2 runs.

Seth Mejias-Brean went 3-5 with a double, run and 2 RBI.

Jesse Winker went 1-4 with 2 RBI.

Kyle Waldrop went 2-5 with a run.

Daniel Wright went 2-3 with a run and 2 RBI at the plate.He allowed 3 runs in 6.0 innings, 2 walks and 3 strikeouts on the mound.

Alfredo Simon (rehab) allowed a run in 3.0 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Really liked seeing this little note on T.J. Friedl from Doug Gray:

The Billings Mustangs were on MiLB.tv last night as they took on the Idaho Falls Chukars. I didn’t get to catch all of the game, but did see the final six innings. I had my stopwatch out for every T.J. Friedl at-bat and he bunted for a single in one of them. The time? 3.40 seconds from home to first. To put that in perspective, that’s Billy Hamilton kind of fast.