Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which HS sport would be the most difficult to ................????

Featured Replies

Soccer. Give me the position players from the football team, a few hoopsters and they could compete with the soccer team. You would be putting stronger, bigger and maybe faster kids on a field. The spreading of the offense is very similar to basketball. The best athletes are still not playing soccer in the US.

I actually played soccer in a league and was shocked that the teams we were playing had collegiate level players in them. Not that I was good by any means, but was able to compete against them. Part of the reason I do not respect soccer.

Baseball, it would be hard to hit the ball

Football is just too complex

Basketball, the handing of the Rock and shooting would present the challenge.

 

And for the record, I've had pick up games of hoops, soccer, baseball and football all in my yard.

Baseball.

 

This and softball, easily. Hitting a round ball with a round bat is still the most difficult thing to do in sports.

  • Author

So it sounds like most think Baseball/softball because of the skill factor in hitting and pitching and Football because of the size factor would be the most difficult.

 

What about the size factor in Volleyball and Basketball. That may be difficult to overcome too?

 

I think the easiest might be Bowling. I would think 6 weeks of practice could develop some decent bowlers. Maybe even Tennis. I think athletic boys or girls playing another sport could be taught tennis in 6 weeks?

I saw a few teams in volleyball that I know the hoops team could beat them.

I know it's a big difference but in HS we could beat the varsity football team in flag football.

A sport like baseball and football I don't think you could round up enough talent from the halls and train them in 6 weeks.

 

I won't say that about softball, because it depends on the school. I saw a few varsity girls softball teams that all it would have taken would be to find 1 live arm who could throw strikes and I think the "hall talent" might have a decent shot (I'd teach a lot of bunting and taking of pitches against the varsity team).

 

And give me 6 weeks with selecting the best athletes I could find and I would say I'd have a more than good chance to win at girls tennis.

Toughest would be Soccer. Footwork is not something that can be learned in 6 weeks. Most newbies, no matter how athletic they are could not take a firm pass and keep it at their feet or make a move to beat a defender. The easiest in my opinion would be Cross Country. Plenty of kids in the halls that could run that distance on that terrain quickly enough to compete.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.