NKY Power Rankings 07-27-16 - Sponsored by NKY Family & Cosmetic Dentistry

Should be an interesting season in NKY

So many teams have lost so much and the big question is, will the usual powerhouses in NKY stay atop the mountain?

My questions...

Cooper: One of the best playmakers in the entire state in Dante Hendrix but does he have enough around him to make Cooper competitive this year with a 1st time QB (this will be 4 years straight that Cooper has started a new QB) will Cooper be able to reload their OL and DL after big losses to both and with a new line coach this year?

SK: Do they have enough to keep their stranglehold on NKY after losing one of their best RB's and some key linemen?

Ryle: Many thought before the season started last year that they would be the team to beat, but after what I'm sure many Ryle faithful would call a disappointing season after losing to Cooper and SK twice. They have the QB and last year at least had the horses around him to make what should have been a memorable season. Will this year be an improvement, although it's tough to say improvement when they only lost twice in regular season. They are a very good team, will they finally get over that hurdle this year and be #1 in NKY?

CCH: Cov Cath puzzles me. I was convinced last year was their year to finally knock that bluebird chip off their shoulder. Their schedule last year was brutal and this year won't be much different. Will the tough schedule hurt them more than help them like last year? They have a lot of players who got a lot of playing time last year returning. They need to once and for all put the past behind them and beat their nemesis. I don't know if they will or not, I'm done making predictions about that game as I am 0-4 in the last 2 years.

Highlands: Will they bounce back after last year? It was a rare site to see NKY teams have their way with the Bluebirds, usually it is the total opposite. Cooper I believe is down this year compared to the last couple so the first game of the year in Ft Thomas should be a good indicator for the Highland fans on how their season may go.

Beechwood: One of the more frustrating teams for me personally. Being such a huge Tigers fan, I thought last year was their year to bring home another title. Didn't happen and now after losing so many talented seniors, can they reload?

Conner: They went as far as Padgett could take them last year. Kyler is now gone and again they have to replace their play-caller. Do they have enough weapons to make a statement or will they be stuck in a wait and see how the underclassmen perform type of season.

Those are my NKY ? marks.

I agree with #1 being SK at the start of the season but the rest is up for grabs.

So many teams have lost so much and the big question is, will the usual powerhouses in NKY stay atop the mountain?

My questions...

Cooper: One of the best playmakers in the entire state in Dante Hendrix but does he have enough around him to make Cooper competitive this year with a 1st time QB (this will be 4 years straight that Cooper has started a new QB) will Cooper be able to reload their OL and DL after big losses to both and with a new line coach this year?

SK: Do they have enough to keep their stranglehold on NKY after losing one of their best RB's and some key linemen?

Ryle: Many thought before the season started last year that they would be the team to beat, but after what I'm sure many Ryle faithful would call a disappointing season after losing to Cooper and SK twice. They have the QB and last year at least had the horses around him to make what should have been a memorable season. Will this year be an improvement, although it's tough to say improvement when they only lost twice in regular season. They are a very good team, will they finally get over that hurdle this year and be #1 in NKY?

CCH: Cov Cath puzzles me. I was convinced last year was their year to finally knock that bluebird chip off their shoulder. Their schedule last year was brutal and this year won't be much different. Will the tough schedule hurt them more than help them like last year? They have a lot of players who got a lot of playing time last year returning. They need to once and for all put the past behind them and beat their nemesis. I don't know if they will or not, I'm done making predictions about that game as I am 0-4 in the last 2 years.

Highlands: Will they bounce back after last year? It was a rare site to see NKY teams have their way with the Bluebirds, usually it is the total opposite. Cooper I believe is down this year compared to the last couple so the first game of the year in Ft Thomas should be a good indicator for the Highland fans on how their season may go.

Beechwood: One of the more frustrating teams for me personally. Being such a huge Tigers fan, I thought last year was their year to bring home another title. Didn't happen and now after losing so many talented seniors, can they reload?

Conner: They went as far as Padgett could take them last year. Kyler is now gone and again they have to replace their play-caller. Do they have enough weapons to make a statement or will they be stuck in a wait and see how the underclassmen perform type of season.

I agree with #1 being SK at the start of the season but the rest is up for grabs.

Good Post!

My questions...

Well, well, well...........back and loud 'n proud. :lol2:

My questions...

Well well well... Look who is back.

Nice post Hellbird. Looking forward to some Bengals talk with you too.

The addition of Bravard will help anchor an already experienced and solid defense. I think the basketball players will add depth but it will take some time for the inexperience to subside.

Don't know anything about Jefferson (other than what I read in the basketball forum) but would be surprised if a frosh would be much help this season.