Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Western vs North Laurel (Ft Harrod Bowl)

Featured Replies

While I think the Jags got a jolting wakeup call against JCHS this past week, they will face one of the state's best running backs in Western's Justin Collins this week. I hope the Jags come out fired up and pull this one out, but I think Collins and his Western squad may be too much for the Jags this week.

 

L Western 28

N Laurel 14

Western 34-12.

While I think the Jags got a jolting wakeup call against JCHS this past week, they will face one of the state's best running backs in Western's Justin Collins this week. I hope the Jags come out fired up and pull this one out, but I think Collins and his Western squad may be too much for the Jags this week.

 

L Western 28

N Laurel 14

 

I think this will be an interesting game. I believe I will :walk: across the road and check this game out. The parking could get a little crazy for this doubleheader. Grab a seat quickly.

North should have some success running the ball against Western and should be able to put some scores on the board. If they can stay away from too many big plays from Western, they can win. But...........................I see

 

Western 35 North Laurel 32

  • Author
North should have some success running the ball against Western and should be able to put some scores on the board. If they can stay away from too many big plays from Western, they can win. But...........................I see

 

Western 35 North Laurel 32

 

I agree. Asher and Maggard could have big days on the ground. They have the ability. I just think they have to shore up their run defense against such a quality back as Collins from Western. If they can slow him down and get to him in the backfield, they could pull this off.

How big is the following of fans for either of these two teams? How many fans follow Western and how many fans follow North Laurel. With South Laurel playing after North - Laurel County should be sending plenty to watch these two games.

 

I know for the MC Titans - the place will be packed. Bring your lawn chair - the bleachers won't hold everyone when the Titans take the field at 8:00 PM.

 

Go Titans!

When Western came to Garrard to play in an opening round playoff game two seasons ago, there might have been 25 people along for the ride. Don't expect a big contingent.

  • Author
How big is the following of fans for either of these two teams? How many fans follow Western and how many fans follow North Laurel. With South Laurel playing after North - Laurel County should be sending plenty to watch these two games.

 

I know for the MC Titans - the place will be packed. Bring your lawn chair - the bleachers won't hold everyone when the Titans take the field at 8:00 PM.

 

Go Titans!

 

Very few South or North fans stick around or come early to watch the other team play. Unlike many teams' fans who actually cheer for the other school when they are not playing them, we don't see much of that in Laurel County. The South fans generally travel more folks than the North fans based on past history so I would guess that around halftime of the NL vs Western game is when you will start seeing some SL fans showing up with the rest coming in around the 4th quarter.

Very few South or North fans stick around or come early to watch the other team play. Unlike many teams' fans who actually cheer for the other school when they are not playing them, we don't see much of that in Laurel County. The South fans generally travel more folks than the North fans based on past history so I would guess that around halftime of the NL vs Western game is when you will start seeing some SL fans showing up with the rest coming in around the 4th quarter.

 

They better get their a little earlier then that. It will take them a while to walk to the field from wherever they park if they wait that late.

  • Author
They better get their a little earlier then that. It will take them a while to walk to the field from wherever they park if they wait that late.

 

I made that walk last year (if it is at the same place) and if I were going, I would be there for both games and definitely get there early!

What time does the first game start?

What time does the first game start?

 

 

Western vs. North Laurel at 5:30 PM

Mercer vs. South Laurel at 8:00 PM

North Laurel 26

Western 16

 

NL should be mad and a little embarrassed, and this game may make or break them this year. Its a real opportunity to turn the season completely around. I just think NL completely underestimated Johnson Central, and will capitalize a couple times on the opportunities they create.

  • Author

Coach Abbott was very positive and upbeat about how his team has responded to the JCHS loss this week. He stated that the team had their best practice in a month and really seems to have their focus back. According to the paper, QB Jones is injured with a hip pointer suffered in the JCHS game and Frosh Wardrup will get the start due to the injury.

 

It is good to hear that Abbott referred to his team as a 'resilient bunch' and that the kids have responded so well. How you recover from a bad defeat often tells a lot about a team's character, and I believe that this team has enough character to give a much better effort this week! Good luck Jags!!!

North should have the edge on depth in this one, and that might be the deciding factor with the weather set to be in the mid-'90s and humid tomorrow. But they're going to have to be a lot more physical than last Friday for that edge to work in their favor.

 

I'm looking forward to seeing this Collins kid. Am I correct that he has committed to WKU, or did I just imagine that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.