Ballers Season 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like this show and I don't know why. Of course, I love football, which drew me to watching this. I'm guessing they want to show the big picture of being a high paid, high profile athlete, where egos rule and money talks. But for some reason, I keep wondering what they're trying to accomplish and where this series is going. Does anyone have an opinion on how to summarize the premise of this show?

I like this show and I don't know why. Of course, I love football, which drew me to watching this. I'm guessing they want to show the big picture of being a high paid, high profile athlete, where egos rule and money talks. But for some reason, I keep wondering what they're trying to accomplish and where this series is going. Does anyone have an opinion on how to summarize the premise of this show?

High profile athletes leave the game and try to maintain that high profile lifestyle in any way possible. The show's premise is to give a fictional glimpse of that lifestyle.

That's my guess anyways.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What's everybody think of the current season?

I've watched every episode of this show and still don't know how I feel about it. It's ok and a way to pass the time. I keep thinking this show should be way better than it is but I have no idea what it's missing. I'm not saying it's a bad show but I think they could do better.

This whole story line of trying to move the Raiders to Las Vegas is kind of taking away from better possible storylines.

I agree but it's unfortunate for Ballers that I watch it after Game of Thrones and Ray Donovan. It can't live up to those shows. Unfortunately the half hour HBO and Showtime shows (Ballers, Entourage, Weeds) are often good but not on the same level as the hour long shows like Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Ray Donovan, Shameless, Deadwood, etc