Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clinton emails might finally take her down

Featured Replies

Trust me, I know quite a bit. About this? Not saying one way or the other. But so far nothing has become of anything so therefore everything has been rumors so far and will remain that way until there is any official statement about wrong doing. I'd say that the Feds should look into their so-called leaks, no matter who they involved, left, right or other.

 

I tend not to trust public leaks, if there is something there it will come out when it's there, but since nothing has become if this so far doesn't mean that there is something there that is about to come out. So as far as your last sentence it could be directed right back at you, just because you keep repeating something has been found doesn't make it true.

 

As I am pretty sure I attempted to leave the door open if anything concrete comes forth, but at this time there is still nothing.

 

Same can be said about Trump and his taxes and the Trump U papers, people can only speculate what may or may not be not in there until they ever become public.

 

There may be plenty and no charges have been filed yet. There may not be.

 

I'm not going to make rash statements like there is or isn't anything to be concerned about. My take is there is more to be concerned about than not.

 

No conceit in your family, you seem to have most of it with your opening statement.

Here's another scenario:

 

(1) Hillary is not indicted.

 

(2) She cruises to victory in November because the country realizes it really doesn't want a fool named Trump in the White House.

 

...and then you woke up.

The email scandal is the dark cloud that shades HRC enough to give Trump a chance. If that goes away so do weekly opinion pieces and revelations infuriating and uniting the right in Hillary hate. Without Hillary or the scandal Repubs see what they got in a candidate.

 

Hillary cleared and she wins in a landslide.

She is indicted and the next dem up, Bernie or Biden, also beats Trump handedly.

 

The right may want this thing to hang around until October.

I agree on this point...if the Dems want to exponentially increase their chances they get Justice Dept to push through an indictment ASAP and replace Clinton by the convention. Otherwise as long as she is on the ticket there is a greater chance she loses than her replacement would.

I'll make a deal with my right leaning brethrens here. IF she is found guilty I'll be more than willing to come back and have a civilized discussion on what she did, if she is found guilty. I'll admit if that does happen I'll be very disappointed. I'm not sure which republicans that you have followed for awhile, but I'm sure you'd be very disappointed in them as well. At first I was a bit concerned, but after awhile of alligations I moved on.

 

I'll even say this, even if a longtime stalwart of the republicans is found guilty of something it's not only a blow to the party, it's a blow to American politics and democracy. If it was someone on the right the left may laugh and do the usual pointing if fingers at the whole party, but it's a sad time for all involved, not just the one party.

 

In closing I'll add this. Yes I was at Hillary's event here in NKY, had my usual stuff going on during these events. BUT, this time it was different, as it was two weeks past my surgery, and two days after going back to see the surgeon, and after him telling me the details of the over three hours that I was under Anesthesia which was over an hour longer than he expected it to be. I simply have more to do than worry about things I have no control over. Are politics as important to me as before? Not as important, whatever happens happens. If anything sticks and found to be true, I am sure that everyone would feel misled, I don't care which party they were from, and many would feel hurt.

 

There were two times I had the opportunity to assist with top republicans when they were in this area. One was Newt, it was stuffy at the events of that day, but he was the most real person than the supporters that I encountered, heck I'd sit down and has a few cold ones with him.

 

Ok, getting sleepy. But anytime anyone from any party is found guilty at something, it's not good all the way around, as this country and the world needs more than one decent political party in the US.

I'll make a deal with my right leaning brethrens here. IF she is found guilty I'll be more than willing to come back and have a civilized discussion on what she did, if she is found guilty. I'll admit if that does happen I'll be very disappointed. I'm not sure which republicans that you have followed for awhile, but I'm sure you'd be very disappointed in them as well. At first I was a bit concerned, but after awhile of alligations I moved on.

 

I'll even say this, even if a longtime stalwart of the republicans is found guilty of something it's not only a blow to the party, it's a blow to American politics and democracy. If it was someone on the right the left may laugh and do the usual pointing if fingers at the whole party, but it's a sad time for all involved, not just the one party.

 

In closing I'll add this. Yes I was at Hillary's event here in NKY, had my usual stuff going on during these events. BUT, this time it was different, as it was two weeks past my surgery, and two days after going back to see the surgeon, and after him telling me the details of the over three hours that I was under Anesthesia which was over an hour longer than he expected it to be. I simply have more to do than worry about things I have no control over. Are politics as important to me as before? Not as important, whatever happens happens. If anything sticks and found to be true, I am sure that everyone would feel misled, I don't care which party they were from, and many would feel hurt.

 

There were two times I had the opportunity to assist with top republicans when they were in this area. One was Newt, it was stuffy at the events of that day, but he was the most real person than the supporters that I encountered, heck I'd sit down and has a few cold ones with him.

 

Ok, getting sleepy. But anytime anyone from any party is found guilty at something, it's not good all the way around, as this country and the world needs more than one decent political party in the US.

 

You are right about the damage to the country that occurs when you have people of low character in politics on either side (or the third or fourth parties). The country deserves people of good character and high integrity to stand up for their convictions, whether progressive, libertarian, or conservative. That is much healthier for the country as a whole.

 

Aside from all that, I wish you well in your recovery and for good news to come you and your family. FWIW, I will pray for you.

^ First OldGrappler I want to thank you for your prayers and kind words. I'll send you a private message as well later today, as I was responding with some of the personal stuff including health and it got to be lengthy, it was in BballFan territory, but I can't match the elegant way he writes. But, the last 4 weeks I feel like a brand new person, as the last 5 years, even doing things I loved, it was a drag, it wasn't a great 5 years health wise. Now it's is the exact opposite.

 

But the health issues that I had the past 5 years was kept hidden from most people. When the surgeon was telling me all about the surgery, twice, including the possible complications and possible effects, then my ADHD (which I recently was told I have) came in handy, as I couldn't tell you what he said as I blocked out everything he told me. I didn't want to worry, plus I it was all in God's hands. But, the big reason of blocking what the surgeon was telling me about what had a slight chance of happening? Last week a cousin of mine, not even 50 years old passed away due to complications from surgery. As far as I felt about my surgery? I didn't want to know, there surgery needed to be done and it needed to be done now. I prayed that if something would have to happen that it would happen when I was under.

 

So, I'll attempt to be brief. As I am including in my private message to you, even though I am very religious, non of us are saints, yet, we all have our issues and we all fall short of what God wants out of us, no matter who we are or what we do. But, as some may know on here one side of my family is very political, these family members are very kind and caring people, as I have seen for all of my life the good that they do. Through them I have met the Clinton's many times and have helped out with them. The Clinton's are good people feel down. As well as republicans! I had my own views about Newt before I had the privilege to help with his visit here in 2012, as I think I said, he was the most real person I met that day, the friend who arranged me to help even told him that I was a big democrat, he just laughed and made a few pleasant comments. I'd love to sit down with him and have a few beers. Not sure if I mentioned this in my last post, but a very close person to me lives next to where Boehner lives and he knows him quiet well, I would enjoy having a few beers with him, and this could actually happen one day. But my point right here is exactly what Bill Clinton says, we all love our country, we just have different views on what we need/should do.

 

I'll be around Julian Castro in a few days, I really enjoy his enthusiasm, in a way his reminds me of Marco Rubio, and I am sure deep down both of these guys are good people. The only US politician or person who is running or had ever ran that I worry about is Trump. Would I ever want to meet him? NO! If I had the chance to help at one of his events? YES!

 

Before I go any further (sorry I thought this would be short) only a couple of people on here know this, unless I mentioned it in my last post, all but a few relatives on the other side of my family are republicans, and they are the ones I'm around more than the other side. And this side is also politically active.

 

One of the people on BGP who I have talked with many many many times off of the forums on here is Mnt Ref, really nice guy. The same as with Science Friction. Both are friends. And I bring this up for this reason. SF mentioned about two months ago how he had a friend who's mom got a phone call from Hillary, that was my mom. In 2008 my mom was dying of pancreatic cancer, and she loved Hillary, but for about two months she was at the Cleveland Clinic for a trial study and missed the KY primary. Hillary was in Louisville for a rally that night and I was in the VIP room behind the stage before Hillary came out for her KY primary victory speech. She heard about my mom from one of m relatives who was also in that VIP room, Hillary came over and told me to get my mom on the phone and in a few minutes after she had a couple of photos with a couple that she wanted to talk to my mom. Hillary came over, took my phone and talked to my mom for a good 5 minutes. The things that Hillary said to my mom, I was in tears, as well as a couple of people around us who in was talking to when Hillary came up to me about her. Later talking to my dad who was up in Cleveland with my mom, to hear him tell his story of what he saw, he didn't know what was going on, as he only knew that my mom was on the phone, not knowing yet with who, and that my mom was in tears while taking on the phone.

 

I tell this as I know deep down Hillary has a great heart! As do many republicans, I have always admired the elder George Bush, with all that he did with Bill Clinton for the world after they both were out of office. W has done some good things as well, maybe not to the extent as his dad and Bill Clinton. I thought his ALS water bucket challenge video was hilarious.

 

But my point again is, non of us are saints yet, and we won't be until we leave this earth, but most all people do have a good side, they may not use it all of the time, but it's there. I say this about all politicians except for Trump. But I will end on this, it is sad when out of two parties we only have two people to choose from, now as much as I respect Hillary I won't comment too much on her. BUT, as I said before I do attempt to look at people fairly and give everyone a break. As I said, if, and if there are charges that stick, I'll be very disappointed, and if I'd see her after, I'd tell her that myself. I'd even give a republican politician the "lets wait and see is the charges stick" approach, I may joke around a bit and make some comments, but in realty I want to wait and see what happens and in the what is truth and what is not. I also would hope and pray that allegations on republicans aren't true, as if they are found to be true it's bad not only for this country but for the entire world, as, as bad as the politics and politicians in the US can be? They don't hold a candle to the others in other counties, such as the former mayor of one of the sectors of Bucharest (has about 300,000 on that sector) which I knew.

 

FWIW, I didn't vote for Bill Clinton the first time around, I went with Perot, don't ask me why, I was young lol, but I'm glad he lost as the 90's were good to me. BUT, it's sad that if one votes for a third party it's a wasted vote, as well as now it may get someone else into office that wouldn't be good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.