Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Tournament

Featured Replies

Now that the district champs have been named (or will be named after today), let's talk about the Regional tourney.

 

Where is it this year?

 

Who is hosting?

 

Is the schedule set?

 

 

:popcorn:

  • Replies 71
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well you are opening an can of worms. I will tell you what I know so far.

 

Villa is hosting

 

First round games (right now) are scheduled at St Henry on Monday and NKU on Tuesday. With semi-finals on Wednesday and championship on Thursday. All those games at NKU.

 

Drawing is tomorrow afternoon at Villa.

 

I'll leave it there for now! :sssh:

  • Author

Sounds drawn out. Why in the world wouldn't you have all 4 1st round games on Monday?

 

And different venues?! That's crazy too.

 

I'm all for sharing the wealth but I have to say that it's frustrating for schools to host when they don't have the facilities needed to pull off a tournament.

 

Last night at the CCHS/Brossart game, (hosted by Calvary but played at Scott) they didn't even have a microphone on the field to announce the runner up and winner of the district. Yeah, we all knew who it was but it would have been nice for the girls.

Edited by lawildcat

You have touched on a few of the "worms". Regulation fields and day off advantages for some are a couple of the other worms. Just sayin. :)

You have touched on a few of the "worms". Regulation fields and day off advantages for some are a couple of the other worms. Just sayin. :)

 

So the two teams that play Monday get an extra day before the semi's ? How will it be determined who gets the extra day off ? Seeding or blind draw ?

 

Hasn't it historically been first round on Memorial Day ?

 

Also don't understand why even if it's your "turn" to host Region, that you get to host even if you don't have regulation facilities. I assume that St Henry field meets Regional regulations ? (I don't know, just asking)

Does it operate the same as basketball where a District Winner and Runner-up can't meet until the finals?

Does it operate the same as basketball where a District Winner and Runner-up can't meet until the finals?

 

Yes.

So the two teams that play Monday get an extra day before the semi's ? How will it be determined who gets the extra day off ? Seeding or blind draw ?

 

Hasn't it historically been first round on Memorial Day ?

 

Also don't understand why even if it's your "turn" to host Region, that you get to host even if you don't have regulation facilities. I assume that St Henry field meets Regional regulations ? (I don't know, just asking)

 

Yes. At NKU as of late. I don't have any details or specifics, but that is the biggest "can of worms" right now..

So the two teams that play Monday get an extra day before the semi's ? How will it be determined who gets the extra day off ? Seeding or blind draw ?

 

Hasn't it historically been first round on Memorial Day ?

 

Also don't understand why even if it's your "turn" to host Region, that you get to host even if you don't have regulation facilities. I assume that St Henry field meets Regional regulations ? (I don't know, just asking)

 

I think the thought amongst the coaches is that St Henry does not meet the field requirements.

 

Hint...remember the conversation earlier in the year where the first 3 home runs ever hit at St Henry were just this year?? There is a reason for that and it's not because everyone that plays there has a stud pitcher!! Lol!

  • Author

How long has Villa's AD been on the job? Has he ever had to put together one of these tournaments before?

How long has Villa's AD been on the job? Has he ever had to put together one of these tournaments before?

 

I don't know the answer to either of those.

How long has Villa's AD been on the job? Has he ever had to put together one of these tournaments before?

 

Had to put together the district tournament for baseball this year.

Had to put together the district tournament for baseball this year.

 

How did that go ? (and I will assume that Villa's baseball field meets the District requirements, which are very similar to the Region requirements) but their softball field does not ?

 

Didn't we see this play out at Beechwood already ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.