Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Patrick 21 Augusta 6 (39th District Semifinal)

Featured Replies

St. Patrick, with their 3rd win of the season, will play for the 39th District Championship and will play in the 10th Region Tournament.

I hope that they get that blind draw issue solved because it is not right for a team with 3 wins get into the Regional Tourney. Region Tourney is supposed to be the top 8 teams in the Region. Unfair advantage because its almost like 1 team in the tourney is getting a bye while everyone else has to fight each game. It is absolutely stupid that the blind draw is being used.

I hope that they get that blind draw issue solved because it is not right for a team with 3 wins get into the Regional Tourney. Region Tourney is supposed to be the top 8 teams in the Region. Unfair advantage because its almost like 1 team in the tourney is getting a bye while everyone else has to fight each game. It is absolutely stupid that the blind draw is being used.

 

Impossible in many regions, in many sports.

I hope that they get that blind draw issue solved because it is not right for a team with 3 wins get into the Regional Tourney. Region Tourney is supposed to be the top 8 teams in the Region. Unfair advantage because its almost like 1 team in the tourney is getting a bye while everyone else has to fight each game. It is absolutely stupid that the blind draw is being used.

 

Give this subject a rest. And stop demeaning these young people, it's not a great system and life isn't always fair. But each of those young people who suited up for the game yesterday, was there for love of their of their schools and the game. Please take your comments to the controversial section and not the schools. I'm not just saying be nice things because l'm stupid about the game. My softball team was 1981 Class B Kentucky State Champions. My family considers me ultra competitive but don't lay this on these young people, decisions made long ago by adults. Quit railing on them, get something well organized and take it to the table of the KHSAA.

The regional tourney is NOT set up to have the best 8 teams in any sport . IMO if you cant win your district you sure are not going to win the region the big majority of the time.

For one, if you knew who I was, you would know that I would NEVER demean any kid. If you took it that way, I do apologize. This issue can be resolved at the District level by voting. We had this come up a couple years ago and our District voted no. I do know it is very hard to get the votes if it had already been changed. If voting is tied, the rule doesn't change. My issue was ONLY with the rule. I do blame KHSAA. They make up rules just like the international tie breaker for post season play. Rule book says no international tie breaker in post season but KHSAA stepped in and made their own rule. If your gonna use the rule book, then use it. Like I said, my issue is only with the rule.

For one, if you knew who I was, you would know that I would NEVER demean any kid. If you took it that way, I do apologize. This issue can be resolved at the District level by voting. We had this come up a couple years ago and our District voted no. I do know it is very hard to get the votes if it had already been changed. If voting is tied, the rule doesn't change. My issue was ONLY with the rule. I do blame KHSAA. They make up rules just like the international tie breaker for post season play. Rule book says no international tie breaker in post season but KHSAA stepped in and made their own rule. If your gonna use the rule book, then use it. Like I said, my issue is only with the rule.

 

There is no ITB for post season. Clarified yesterday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.