Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Catchers

Featured Replies

Sorry for being late to the conversation, but I would agree with @RCC9, Stewart, Baugh, & Lloyd are a toss up for 1, 2, & 3. Dickerson #4.

 

HEY.....at least acknowledge my PM

HEY.....at least acknowledge my PM

 

Where did you send it?

Lloyd, Stewart and Baugh are a toss up for 1-3.

 

Then

Dickerson

Daley

McGinn

 

Just saw Daley and McGinn head to head last night. Both are very nice catchers.

 

Just my 2 cents.

 

And since we seem to be advertising on BGP this year, I feel the Bluebirds may have 4 seniors that could challenge for POY. I know this never happens, but I hope voters take a look at strength of schedule when looking at numbers. Who you play and the talent level of your opponents obviusly has an effect on numbers. And hope they look at both a players offense and defense effect on the game. But I know people tend to look at offensive numbers only and usually don't take the time to think about all the other factors.

 

Love watching good catchers! Amazing how just the throw down can change how a coach stratagizes. Haven't seen Miss Stewert this year and I Know she is awesome but what Lloyd can do even without a super hard thrower is special from that position.

 

As for the second part, I agree on the strength of schedule having an effect on stats but even with that schedule. The birds have a few 400 plus and one over 550. We typically do not publish stats during the season as the team plays for wins as a team and we don't want them being so consumed with their individual averages.

 

There are not any dummy's coaching in NKY and I'm sure they know and will give the earned respect to the players who deserve it. The anti-Haley Smith contingent is no longer around.

Where did you send it?

 

Sent on Tuesday to Lawnboy

 

No biggie. Just giving him a hard time.

It's nice to see some discussion on catchers. It seems like they've gone unnoticed in the last few years. My heart, eyes and head say Stewart tops the list, but like Cru Bat Boy, I may be a little biased. :) It is quite a good group of catchers though.

 

McGinn is a nice player. I haven't seen Daley yet, but she's in a great program. I also haven't seen Mullins, but I'd like to.

College destination and HS grade for the top 3 ? or top 4 ?

Well Graybill isn't listed because an injury has prevented her from catching, but she is going to Louisville to catch. Not sure on the rest. I know Stewart has committed, but can't for the life of me remember which one she picked...and I hate that because she's one of my favorites...I should know this! Someone help a brotha out. Not sure about Lloyd or Dickerson either. Those four are Seniors. Daley is a soph and McGinn is a Freshman.

Well Graybill isn't listed because an injury has prevented her from catching, but she is going to Louisville to catch. Not sure on the rest. I know Stewart has committed, but can't for the life of me remember which one she picked...and I hate that because she's one of my favorites...I should know this! Someone help a brotha out. Not sure about Lloyd or Dickerson either. Those four are Seniors. Daley is a soph and McGinn is a Freshman.

 

Stewart had 4 solid offers and interest from all levels. She chose Ohio Northern University, because she loved the school and their great Chemistry-Premed program.

Stewart had 4 solid offers and interest from all levels. She chose Ohio Northern University, because she loved the school and their great Chemistry-Premed program.

 

Thank you! I couldn't remember. I knew she had some really good offers.

HEY.....at least acknowledge my PM

 

Sorry.......answered you a few minutes ago

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.