Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Officiating

Featured Replies

8th region does seem to have more passionate fans than what I've seen in the 9th.

Most games I get to attend are 8th region games with Anderson Co. playing. Seen/heard plenty of shouts from the stands, a few getting pretty irate, both AC people and opposing schools fans. Don't know if it's any better or worse in other regions since I don't get to see a lot of games outside the 8th...but I can say I have heard more than a few choice words come from a 9th region team's fans/parents that would give anyone else I have seen more than a run for their money.

My only complaint with officials is consistency. If it's a violation early, it should be a violation late. I spend several nights a week in discussions with officials. I always try to be polite if they will engage me. I despise asking an official a question at a dead ball and being ignored.

My only complaint with officials is consistency. If it's a violation early, it should be a violation late. I spend several nights a week in discussions with officials. I always try to be polite if they will engage me. I despise asking an official a question at a dead ball and being ignored.

 

Usually it's the other way around...for 3 quarters they'll let players "get away" with stuff, then suddenly the 4th quarter shows up and suddenly they find their whistle.

BTW, I don't think the 8th region officials are better or worse than the 10th or 9th (the regions I watch). I do think they allow the game to be more physical in the paint than they do in the 9th as a whole. Like anything else, some 10th region teams do great work but some of the worst I've seen in years work in the 10th.

My only complaint with officials is consistency. If it's a violation early, it should be a violation late. I spend several nights a week in discussions with officials. I always try to be polite if they will engage me. I despise asking an official a question at a dead ball and being ignored.

 

Are you asking as a coach or as a fan?

Id like to seeHS go to 6 fouls per player...2 quick ones and kid is out for rest of half....let em play

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.