Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017 G Devon Cooper

Featured Replies

Findlay Prep, EG10 player and Louisville product: Devon Cooper has picked up his 7th offer, this one to NKU.

 

Congrats and keep working:thumb:

I watched him play in TV for Finlay Prep this past year. That's the only time I've seen him. Is there anybody his game is comparable to? Where would he rank in 2017 in KY if he was still here?

  • Author
I watched him play in TV for Finlay Prep this past year. That's the only time I've seen him. Is there anybody his game is comparable to? Where would he rank in 2017 in KY if he was still here?

 

Size wise, he is close to Goodin, both are good solid size guards 185 lbs or so. Style wise plays similar to Goodin as well. Strong to the basket, finishes well, good mid range game and can shoot the 3 very well. His over all game has improved out at Findlay, but the "D" side of the ball is where he has really improved.

 

He was in the top 5-10 before he left, I would think he would still be in that range if he was still here. Probably fits best right now in a mid level D1 school. He is a gym rat and I expect he will improve a good deal this summer.

 

Just my thoughts

  • Author

Picked up #8........Ball State

 

Keep working!!!

Hearing me might be coming home...if he does have heard he would likely join Sloan at Ballard.

  • Author

I have heard the same. Talk at this point, and I haven't heard him say where he would come back to, but he did say he would like to play his senior year back home.

 

He will make a difference wherever he ends up for sure.

If he lands at Ballard they'd have best backcourt in the state by a mile. I'd like to see the kid come home, regardless of where he plays.

If he lands at Ballard they'd have best backcourt in the state by a mile. I'd like to see the kid come home, regardless of where he plays.

 

That would be a very crowded backcourt. Would there be enough shots to go around between Cooper, Sloan, and Wilson? Renner has had that type talent before, but Snider, Perry, and Martin played different positions. There's already a question of Wilson and Sloan sharing the ball handling duties.

I think Cooper would play off the ball at Ballard. It would be the most talented backcourt but it would be very crowded. Last year they had Wilson, Eaves, and Perry. It could work.

  • Author

In that scenario he would play off the ball and would have no problem doing it. He is more of a shooting guard then a player that needs to start with the ball to be effective. From what I know, I would be surprised to see him go there, but then again, I don't know everything.

Did he play at Waggener before?

  • Author

picked up another offer - UNC Wilmington

 

Congrats:thumb:

He plays aau with Hobbs who I'd the starting PG at Waggener they are good friends also.

 

Not saying that's he will go back to waggener because of that or that it matters just saying.

Edited by 6thregionguy
typo

Great player, one of the best in the State in my opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.