NKY's 3A best take on the GCL early...who wins?

How do CovCath and Highlands do against Cincy Elder?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How do CovCath and Highlands do against Cincy Elder?

• Week 2: CovCath beats Elder in the Crosstown Showdown
    • Week 2: Elder beats CovCath in the Crosstown Showdown
    • Week 3: Highlands beats Elder @ Highlands
    • Week 3: Elder beats Highlands @ Highlands

As the season is set to begin on Friday, I felt obligated to bring back my "North of the River" perspective and ask the BGPers the following question:

What will CovCath and Highlands do against Cincinnati Elder in weeks 2 and 3?

Elder is coming off a 4-6 season but early scrimmage results show a dynamic offense. Defense is improved but is still clearly the weak spot of the team.

Vote in the poll and give some of your early season thoughts on these matchups.

-CardinalsFan

I've heard that Elder has a pretty good passing game, and it may be that pass defense is a bit of a trouble spot for the 'Birds this year. Also, Elder is Elder, and Highlands will very likely not be able to wear Elder down through the course of the game, as HHS often does to its KY opponents. HOPEFULLY, HHS will win this one, but I think the safer bet would be with Elder at this point. Same goes with CovCath vs Elder (although I think that HHS probably has a better chance of knocking Elder off than CCH does).

Elder also lost quite a bit of players from last year's team, but according to some of their alums, they are going to be really good this year. They had a down year last year, but a lot of schools would have had a down year with the schedule they play. They were probably the best 4-6 team in the nation last year. NKY schools have not faired well with the Ohio D1 power teams the past couple of years, but hopefully this is a year that one of the NKY schools break through.

BTW Last year when CCH jv played elder they only lost by 3 (3-6) this game could of went either way. If elder lost alot from last year their jv didnt impress me at all. I think cch will go on top and win by a tight score.