Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Central

Featured Replies

The Louisville Central job is open, with some reports that Coach Ashley Franklin resigned her position due to her family relocating out of state.

Should be one of the better jobs in Louisville outside of your traditional schools.

Hearing both assistants on the staff put in for it, along with a the female Asst. from Male and a few head coaches from around the city. I would think Pounder would be the front runner, former head coach at Waggener and Shawnee. Would be surprised if anyone else gets it. But they will have a ton of interest.

Central is a gold mine waiting to me tapped.

Hearing both assistants on the staff put in for it, along with a the female Asst. from Male and a few head coaches from around the city. I would think Pounder would be the front runner, former head coach at Waggener and Shawnee. Would be surprised if anyone else gets it. But they will have a ton of interest.

 

Would agree that Ponder would be logical hire. He kind of got a raw deal at Waggener from what I hear...

Hearing both assistants on the staff put in for it, along with a the female Asst. from Male and a few head coaches from around the city. I would think Pounder would be the front runner, former head coach at Waggener and Shawnee. Would be surprised if anyone else gets it. But they will have a ton of interest.

 

Hearing that the female assistant from Male has applied at all the open jobs in Jefferson Co. Was rumored to be the next coach at Fern Creek here in the city.

What is her name? Any back ground on her?

 

The assistant for Male is Nicole Ambrose. I've met her and seems to be a quality individual. She was a manager on Coach Waltz U of L cardinal team for four years.

She has the energy and has the discipline to take over a program and make it relevant by working year round to get the program competitive.

 

I believe she helps out with the Legends Gauntlet AAU team.

I believe a program with the potential of Central should be able to get a coach with experience. It makes a huge difference! Newbies benefit from experience gained at a lower level???

I believe a program with the potential of Central should be able to get a coach with experience. It makes a huge difference! Newbies benefit from experience gained at a lower level???

 

Meaning at...less desirable jobs? Or at lower level (MS, 9th, JV)?

I would say both. I would be shocked if a job like central goes with a coach with zero high school or college head coaching experience. Might be the 7th best job in the city.

I was thinking about what I think you are calling less desirable. JV experience is helpful as well---but still a lot different than being varsity head coach at a pretty high level team.

I was thinking about what I think you are calling less desirable. JV experience is helpful as well---but still a lot different than being varsity head coach at a pretty high level team.

 

I think I follow what you're saying. Jobs with less pedigree than Central...

 

Will be interesting to see who they go with. I still think Maurice Ponder would be a good fit there.

Bottom line is if you want a successful program, as a coach you better be involved throughout the year including the summer. Hooking into an AAU program for have a pipeline into your program is a must.

 

Most of the top programs in the 6th and 7th region have this.

Edited by passtheball
spelling

Bottom line is if you want a successful program, as a coach you better be involved throughout the year including the summer. Hooking into an AAU program for have a pipeline into your program is a must.

 

Most of the top programs in the 6th and 7th region have this.

 

PTB, you are very much correct in that most of the leading teams have done this. However, it is a very sad state of the current reality that this is a "must." No issue with you or with you stating this, just not in sync with the way things are.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.