Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNCs Record playing in N. Carolina

Featured Replies

Saw the stat last night that the tarheels are now 33-1 all-time in tourney games played in North Carolina. Got me thinking, "what the hell? How many games has UK or UofL played in the Commonwealth?". My father in law reiterated it today. So my UK paranoia kicked in and I am curious as to how and why they can play so often in the Tar Heel state and our boys can't? I get there are more big cities, and I don't like to do conspiracies. But it seems aweful coincidental.

Kentucky has played tournament games in Lexington and Louisville. I don't know exactly how many, but the 84 team played the Sweet 16 and regional final at Rupp against Louisville and Illinois. And it was a huge key in them advancing to the Final Four.

Usually they are a top seed and the NCAA also usually sets up shop in Carolina. Raleigh and Greensboro and Charlotte are always in thex rotation while Louisville is really the only regular in the KY rotation.

It helps to have numerous venues capable of hosting NCAA tournament games. If Kentucky wants more home games, tell the folks at Western, Eastern, Morehead, etc. to build a 15,000+ seat arena.

  • Author

I'm not complaining. Like I said it is my Kentucky paranoia. I even stated they have more big cities than Ky. Why can't the boys in Blue and Red play at the Yum center? It's an NBA arena right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.