Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals top 5 remaining needs after Week 1 of free agency

Featured Replies

I am surprised the Bengals haven't resigned Gilberry.

  • Author
Serious question, do you really think Josh Forrest is a viable inside guy in the league?

 

I am not in a position to give an informed opinion.

 

To be clear, when I say I agree with the author I mean more in general terms about Bengal needs.

  • Author
I am surprised the Bengals haven't resigned Gilberry.

 

Not me. I believe his production was down and for some reason I think the Bengals want to move on from Gilberry.

 

With that said, Wallace did a nice job for the Bengals the last few years but I think his time here is done unless we strike out everywhere else and he takes Vet minimum.

Forrest isn't an every down LB like Trevathan but he could turn out to be that type of guy. He has good size and speed. Needs to refine his technique and get stronger.

I like Doctson.

 

I also like Fuller. The reason I like Fuller is because his strength in the deep passing game is what will be missed from Marvin Jones. The ability to catch bad passes , or under thrown or over thrown balls. Fuller had a wide radius down the field to go make a play.

The Bengals did resign safety Taylor Mays.

1. WR - How to fill the need: Taking the best available wide receiver in the first round, maybe Josh Doctson out of TCU or Corey Coleman out of Baylor is a popular idea. There are other options at receiver like Tyler Boyd or Braxton Miller later in the draft if the Bengals decide they want to look at a different position in the first round. My recommendation would be the hard-working and unselfish Doctson.

 

2. DT - How to fill the need: The Bengals missed their chance to sign Nick Fairley in free agency last year, but he's back on the market after spending a year with the Rams. At only 28-years-old, Fairley could be a strong player to stick next to Geno Atkins. Ndamukong Suh and he were an incredible tandem in Detroit, and he helped Aaron Donald to a career year in St. Louis in 2015. Alternatively, Kenny Clark out of UCLA has been compared quite a bit to Peko and wouldn't be a bad pickup in the draft.

 

3. LB - How to fill the need: The later rounds of the draft or even a priority free agent could really be helpful to patch up this position. Vontaze Burfict and Lamur were both undrafted players, after all. The Bengals have already met with Kentucky linebacker and potential undrafted free agent, Josh Forrest. He could be just the kind of young, hungry player they're looking for to round out their roster. But, if they were thinking about looking in the mid-rounds of the draft, Deion Jones out of LSU could be a good pickup in the third or fourth round.

 

4. Safety - How to fill the need: If the Bengals are looking to go younger at the position by moving on from Nelson, they should look to the draft. Nelson is 32-years-old, but as a safety he probably has another three to four good year left in his career. Therefore, trying to pick up a younger free agent who is probably already anywhere from 26 to 30-years-old wouldn't really help much. In the draft, they should look at taking Darian Thompson in the third or fourth round. Thompson is a ballhawk with the work ethic to become a strong contributor at the NFL level.

 

5. Center - How to fill the need: The Bengals really have their pick of the litter here. There are talented free agents like Jacksonville's Stefan Wisniewski and New England's Ryan Wendell. Wisniewski is only 26, so they could stay young at the position while still making a major upgrade. If they want to look to the draft, they could find a high value pick like Nick Martin in the second round or Evan Boehm in the fifth.

 

Bengals top 5 remaining needs after Week 1 of free agency - Cincy Jungle

 

A position not really mentioned so far this off season that I want them to address in the draft is a kicker! If they have to use a 5th or 6th round pick to get a kicker I am all for that.

  • Author

Do you have any idea how Nugent stacks up statistically or where he rates among active NFL kickers?

 

Or to be more specific, does anyone know what ProFootballFocus says about Nugent?

Do you have any idea how Nugent stacks up statistically or where he rates among active NFL kickers?

 

Or to be more specific, does anyone know what ProFootballFocus says about Nugent?

 

No idea. I just know in today's NFL you see more and more kickers able to almost easily make 50 yard field goals. Yet we have a kicker who doesn't have a strong leg and if you are not going to have a strong leg in today's NFL then you Better be one of the most accurate and he is not. Also we already know he always has one or two big moments kicks a year that he misses.

 

I like Nugent but am ready for a change there.

A position not really mentioned so far this off season that I want them to address in the draft is a kicker! If they have to use a 5th or 6th round pick to get a kicker I am all for that.

 

If you want to draft a kicker this is the year to do it. Draft the FSU kicker Robert Aquayo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.