Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeMarcus Ware sack money

Featured Replies

Ware, who turns 34 in July, can earn the $3.5 million back by registering sacks, in a formula that starts with eight and ends at 13.

 

Specifically, he gets $1.25 million for eight sacks, $2.5 million for nine, $3 million for 11, and $3.5 million for 13.

 

Ware and his representatives believed that he’d earn $10 million or more this year on the open market, but Ware didn’t want to change teams two years after leaving the Cowboys. Also, the reduction in pay is fair for both sides because he’ll now be on a reduced pitch count, with a target of roughly 35 snaps per game.

 

Ware also missed five games in 2015 due to back problems, which surely was one of the reasons for Denver’s request for protection moving forward. If he can’t play, he won’t get sacks and he will have a harder time earning back the money.

 

So it’s a win-win for both sides, keeping Ware in Denver and giving him a fair chance to make every penny he was previously due to make, with the extra $3.5 million being pushed into next year’s cap calculations.

 

DeMarcus Ware reduces compensation, can earn it back with sacks | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

If I didn't think some NFL teams would cheat the player late in the season I would be all for incentive based contracts like the above.

  • Author

And for all of us, could you imagine lining up to rush the QB and thinking to yourself if I sack him I get a 1.25 million dollar bonus check? :eek:

  • Author

^ It gets my juices flowing just thinking about it.

And for all of us, could you imagine lining up to rush the QB and thinking to yourself if I sack him I get a 1.25 million dollar bonus check? :eek:

 

Wouldn't want to be the QB on the other end of that transaction

If I didn't think some NFL teams would cheat the player late in the season I would be all for incentive based contracts like the above.

 

My thoughts exactly. Ideally, every player would have to be on some kind of incentive based system to make it work. Even with that, you could see how teams may hire a couple of coaches that do nothing but track these incentives through games and seasons.

It will be interesting to see how these types of contracts change going forward. I'd be more inclined to use more advanced metrics if I was a players. You could easily be the one responsible for the QB getting sacked but another guy gets it. QB hurries/pressure threshold might be a better one.

You mean a player actually has to produce on the field to make his pay check?? :scared:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.