Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Preview 2016

Featured Replies

Everything I have heard says he has had a great offseason and is ready to go this year, I know that the Mason County team has a group of seniors this year who are extremely confident and feel good about their chances.

 

Didn't a Bracken County team that returns almost everyone beat them 3 times last year? Would think Mason County would be pre-season 2nd in the district and around the bottom 10 of region. Takes more than 1 pitcher.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Is it true that Bishop Brossart got transfers?

Harrison Co may win 25 games like they did last year because that schedule is weak again.

 

I think you have Harrison confused, they play Louisville,Lexington, and nky. Plus they will play quality teams on spring break like they always do.

I've heard people say Harrison County will be down, do you think that's true?

 

As long as Mac is in charge, I will never count out HC.

I think you have Harrison confused, they play Louisville,Lexington, and nky. Plus they will play quality teams on spring break like they always do.

I don't have them confused at all.

 

They have two games each against the following: Robertson Co, Fleming Co, Grant Co, Paris, Pendleton Co, Nicholas Co, Montgomery Co, Bourbon Co, GRC.

 

Single games against - Owen Co, Bracken Co, Estill Co, East Carter, Perry Co Central, Rowan Co, Lawrence Co

 

That's 25 games against teams that the best you can say about them is they are average. Most below average.

 

Northern KY games - Bellevue, Bishop Brossart, Walton Verona, Campbell Co (twice), Conner, Dixie Heights. (not exactly murderers row of NKY)

 

Lexington games - Scott Co (twice), Lex Christian

 

Louisville Games - Eastern, South Oldham

 

I don't understand why there aren't more Lexington schools on this schedule given how close Harrison Co is to Lex. But yeah I could see 25 wins on that schedule.

Not true about Brossart. We have 4 kids there and there have been zero transfers for baseball. Wish it were true. Ha!

  • Author
Not true about Brossart. We have 4 kids there and there have been zero transfers for baseball. Wish it were true. Ha!

 

How is their pitching

Harrison County should play more Lexington schools if they want to win state championships.

I don't have them confused at all.

 

They have two games each against the following: Robertson Co, Fleming Co, Grant Co, Paris, Pendleton Co, Nicholas Co, Montgomery Co, Bourbon Co, GRC.

 

Single games against - Owen Co, Bracken Co, Estill Co, East Carter, Perry Co Central, Rowan Co, Lawrence Co

 

That's 25 games against teams that the best you can say about them is they are average. Most below average.

 

Northern KY games - Bellevue, Bishop Brossart, Walton Verona, Campbell Co (twice), Conner, Dixie Heights. (not exactly murderers row of NKY)

 

Lexington games - Scott Co (twice), Lex Christian

 

Louisville Games - Eastern, South Oldham

 

I don't understand why there aren't more Lexington schools on this schedule given how close Harrison Co is to Lex. But yeah I could see 25 wins on that schedule.

 

I cannot speak for the other teams on your list; however, GRC is not an average baseball squad. The Cardinals led Scott in the 6th inning of the Regional Semifinal last season before Scott won 11-8. We all know that Scott lost to eventual state champion, West Jessamine, in the Final Four.

 

The Cardinals lose 2 starters from last year's team and gain a good one as a transfer.

I cannot speak for the other teams on your list; however, GRC is not an average baseball squad. The Cardinals led Scott in the 6th inning of the Regional Semifinal last season before Scott won 11-8. We all know that Scott lost to eventual state champion, West Jessamine, in the Final Four.

The Cardinals lose 2 starters from last year's team and gain a good one as a transfer.

GRC was 15-15 last year. I would say a .500 squad is pretty average until proven otherwise.

  • Author

Can Scott repeat as regional champs?

Can Scott repeat as regional champs?

 

If they do, that would be 3 years in a row.

GRC was 15-15 last year. I would say a .500 squad is pretty average until proven otherwise.

 

You mean other than defeating 23-5 Bourbon County (at the time) in the 40th District Championship last season - and you said that Bourbon County was average, too.

 

GRC was in the top third of the KY HS baseball polls in 2015. This would make them above average, too, especially since they were only 1 of 64 teams to have won a District Championship.

  • Author

Anybody want to give your top to bottom region rankings?

 

1. Scott High

2. Montgomery County

3. George Rodgers Clark

4. Campbell County

5. Harrison County

6. Paris

7. Bourbon County

8. Bishop Brossart

9. Bracken County

10. Mason County

11. Nicholas County

12. Pendleton County

13. Calvary Christian

14. Saint Patrick

15. Silver Grove

16. Robertson County

17. Augusta

 

There's my list. A lot of factors go in to this and a lot of changes could be made. But this overall is what I see. Any others?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.