Apollo Eagles 3rd Region Favorites......

ElmerT

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the hard feelings and the negative comments being thrown at Apollo. Its a tough situation for sure. Knowing Ben, and the kind of kid that he is, i am happy for him to be able to finish his senior season but its not without some reservations. I just wish he had been ruled eligible or ineligible earlier. I think that could have been handled better. With or without Ben, i think Apollo is still a heavy underdog to Daviess County on Tuesday.

Those KHSAA rosters aren't fully accurate, don't believe till you see it. If he is eligible then the KHSAA is a farce, might as be open season then. I hate for a kid, but he was given bad advice by someone and unfortunately that is the situation.

I'll never be in favor of a kid being ineligible to play if he is academically eligible to play. If his grades are right and he isn't a disciplinary problem then let them play.

I agree. I would put the onus on the coach to determine if he could trust the player to remain loyal, not disrupt team chemistry and not overly penalize guys that have done everything right. One regular season game with minimal to zero practice is beyond a stretch.

Sorry I should have been more clear. There were rumors last night that Shelton quit the team last night. He did not. All the players I've talked to are excited to have Ben back.

Ben is back. That's legit. He played Friday and he is playing tomorrow. We had coach Barker on our radio show yesterday.