Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owen County 78 South Oldham 75

Featured Replies

Be cool to see these two in the finals at Henry County.

 

Would be a fantastic regional championship game. Will be an overflow crowd at Henry County if it happens.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be a fantastic regional championship game. Will be an overflow crowd at Henry County if it happens.

 

I've watched a final there. Love it.

These two played a 8th region first round game two years ago that ended up 84-77 South, on the way to their repeat regional title. That may have been the last time they met before tonight. It was a wildly entertaining game. IIRC, it was tied with a just under two minutes to go, South missed a three but Owen couldn't coral the long rebound, and South scored on the putback and one to seize control.

 

I think Carson had something like 37p and 21r in the losing effort.

Edited by nkywildcat68
stat correction

 

How many dunks for CW?

Biggest crowd in OC history.

I counted 6 dunks. Owen will have to beat both Oldhams to go to the big dance. I would call it a 3 horse race.

40p and 15r for Carson.

 

Thank you for the statistics! Wow, what a performance in a huge game. I thought he had more than 15 rebounds, but I'm an old timer who counts uncontrolled tips as rebounds. My friends always tell me nowadays you have to have complete control for it to be a rebound, but I'll argue the times tonight Carson was playing volleyball by tipping the ball repeatedly each tip should be a rebounds. But I know that is not the case in official stats!

I counted 6 dunks. Owen will have to beat both Oldhams to go to the big dance. I would call it a 3 horse race.

 

I was not sure how many dunks he ended up with, sounds about right. I think South Oldham has an edge over Oldham, but not by much. If Owen County gets out of the 8th Region, it would be fun to see a Edmonson County-type run in the Sweet 16 exactly 40 years later.

Yeah I remember --Bo Davenport was the mastermind back in the day.

Bo Davenport, the Edmonson County magician who guided them to that 1976 title! I think Lyle Dunbar was the coach at Christian County that year. I know Abernathy was at Shawnee and Prewitt was at Henry Clay.

Owen County now 26-3, South Oldham 21-4. Owen County closing in on a 30-win season. Their last loss was a buzzer beater at the hands of Murray at the All-A. They have won 16 of their past 17 games.

 

How many dunks for CW?

 

Might as well just guard him one on one. Split that double team like a champ.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.