Southwestern 55 Boyle County 47

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It be a great game......don't let one or two fans give Southwestern a bad name. Tempers only flare at Boylr it seems. A lot of last night could have been avoided on both sides.

No argument there. However, when Coach Adams was asking who called him the derogatory name he was called no one apologized or offered up any explanation. The reply was "get out of here". It's our gym. We don't have to go anywhere and after that I don't know what anyone expected to happen after that. After hearing that I was quick to jump up and support our coach in whatever capacity needed. And I'd do it again. If something stupid happens I'd rather it involve me than anyone on our coaching staff. If the disrespect is that real on our home court and evident like it was last night then the same thing will likely happen again. I will always defend the basketball staff at Boyle County and I'll always be there for them.

Adams has to be better than that. No response is best. I'm sure he's not the first coach to ever have a derogatory comment fired his way........it comes with the territory. And if you are a really good coach then you will hear more of it, take it as a compliment. If you react/respond then you are a Pitino leaving Rupp.

In coaching you have to have thick skin, the coach kept glaring in the stands, in doing that you're going to get a reaction.

The fan who made the initial comment had already walked out of the gym so therefore the rest of the fans really didn't understand why Coach Adams kept staring. Then things went downhill, once the coach left the clock keeper made things worse and then went on to yell at a female parent which made things that much worse on the SW side. Hope to see you all again in Region. I'm probably replying to

The clock keeper as we speak, we were told to go back to Somerset which is where we were going. Don't let a few fans portray the whole fan base. Hope you guys make region. Should be fun on a neutral site.

Adams has to be better than that. No response is best. I'm sure he's not the first coach to ever have a derogatory comment fired his way........it comes with the territory. And if you are a really good coach then you will hear more of it, take it as a compliment. If you react/respond then you are a Pitino leaving Rupp.

Disagree with that. Fans should never yell at another teams players or coaches...especially after a game.

In coaching you have to have thick skin, the coach kept glaring in the stands, in doing that you're going to get a reaction.

The fan who made the initial comment had already walked out of the gym so therefore the rest of the fans really didn't understand why Coach Adams kept staring. Then things went downhill, once the coach left the clock keeper made things worse and then went on to yell at a female parent which made things that much worse on the SW side. Hope to see you all again in Region. I'm probably replying to

The clock keeper as we speak, we were told to go back to Somerset which is where we were going. Don't let a few fans portray the whole fan base. Hope you guys make region. Should be fun on a neutral site.

Good explanation Blue and Orange.. Now it makes a little more sense...too bad things like that happen but HS sports is competitve and its hard to just flip that switch to "off" as soon as the game is over

Easier said than done. Emotions are high immediately after the game and it wasn't like it was a packed house. It was easy to hear and hard to ignore. Coaches and players are always out on front street and are always expected to act a certain way but everyone has their breaking point. In this situation Coach Adams didn't do anything more than ask a few questions before heading to the other end of the gym. I don't know about you but if someone is talking crazy to me then I am going to ask them some questions to. I don't care who it is or where we are.

Well at first I was yelling at the entire fan base screaming at us to get out of here. In our own gym. Then I was yelling at the dude in the black sweatshirt who ran down the bleachers all big and bad after the cops created the barrier and then I yelled at the woman screaming at me on how to pronounce Somerset. Would there not have been immediate peace if folks would have gotten in their cars and gone back to Somerset?

Just saying.

Good luck the rest of the season. Would love to see you guys again.