Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Williams stats - Mr. KY Basketball Candidate

Featured Replies

Serious question, which do you think the voters will take more into account? What do people think the voters consider and in what priority?

 

Or do they even have a logical system? :D

 

I always think voters will look at team circumstances and team success as a factor in their thought process. With Taylor County faltering most of the season I think Q lost some votes along the way as Owen County has done better than expected.

 

I still don't know who votes on this one let alone the logic behind their votes.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Signing with a top ten program won't hurt though.

 

I love "X", not sure I would call them a top ten program though. I also don't think this comes into play when the voting takes place.

I love "X", not sure I would call them a top ten program though. I also don't think this comes into play when the voting takes place.

 

I meant this year's rankings. They're certainly a good program over the years but not top ten.

 

Just seems like it's big news when we get signees with the successful programs.

I meant this year's rankings. They're certainly a good program over the years but not top ten.

 

Just seems like it's big news when we get signees with the successful programs.

 

:thumb:

I'd take Goodin over Williams. Just looking at a simple fact that Goodin has done his damage against a lot better competition than Williams. Taylor County's opponents have a 66.5% winning percentage while Owen County's is just 54.3%. This means a lot to me but may not to others.

I don't think you can just look at winning%, you also need to look at their SOS if want to draw any conclusions in regards to their level of competition.

I don't think you can just look at winning%, you also need to look at their SOS if want to draw any conclusions in regards to their level of competition.

 

This is one of the first times I have seen people ignore head to head results. Head to head results used to count for something.

This is one of the first times I have seen people ignore head to head results. Head to head results used to count for something.

 

I feel that head to head makes this a pretty easy decision, no way I am ignoring their match up.

 

My comment about opponents winning % was directed toward the "partial" analysis I felt NKYBallboy was providing.

I don't want to hate but if Carsons family would advertise him like Goodins does him ... It would be hands down

I feel that head to head makes this a pretty easy decision, no way I am ignoring their match up.

 

My comment about opponents winning % was directed toward the "partial" analysis I felt NKYBallboy was providing.

 

I wasn't disagreeing with you when I quoted you. My bad if it came off that way. I was agreeing and conversating with you about it.

Head to Head - Owen beat an incomplete Taylor County and Goodin still had 30 points. I would also argue that Taylor County having to play Waggener the night before was more difficult than Owen County playing Fairdale. This is why a head to head matchup in December is meaningless to me.

 

SOS (according the Maher)

Owen County - 103rd good for 9th best in their region

Taylor County - 25th good for best in their region

I don't want to hate but if Carsons family would advertise him like Goodins does him ... It would be hands down

 

How do you know they're not?

 

Do you really think what the family does makes a difference?

Just my opinion here but I think a Mr. Basketball would be worried about a head to head matchup whether it was in December or March. I would hope that Mr. Basketball would want to win no matter what and do for his team what needs to be done in order to win. Really not sure playing a good team the night before would affect his game much. Maybe I am making too much of this but I would just think Mr. Basketball would bring it every game, night in and night out no matter who he and his team were playing.

Speaking of head to head... Mason Faulkner put up 53 pts and 20 Rebs when Caverna played Taylor Co

It was however in a losing effort 98-77

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.