Ben Simmons should declare for the NBA Draft RIGHT NOW!!!

born2reign

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that your reasons are valid and mine are not.

Yes he could do that but going to college for a year will better prepare him for life as a pro for the reasons I mentioned up above.

He has played 20 games. What more is he going to learn when the team and coach don't know how to utilize his skills? He is better off hiring a personal coach and training as he would in an NBA off season.

He has played 20 games. What more is he going to learn when the team and coach don't know how to utilize his skills? He is better off hiring a personal coach and training as he would in an NBA off season.

He gets work like that everyday in practice and actually game time. If he had a personal trainer it would only be pick up games.

He gets work like that everyday in practice and actually game time. If he had a personal trainer it would only be pick up games.

No, he doesn't get to work like an NBA player everyday. He is restricted based on NCAA regulations as to how much coaching he can receive. Plus, as long as he is used as he has been by LSU then I would argue his game reps aren't really as meaningful as they should be.

He could actually hire a personal coach- pay any ex-NBA coach to help him work on his game. He could go get a trainer to begin his conditioning and strength work. Sign with an agent. Get your shoe money right now. Heck, sign with a D-league team (if possible, at this point) and finish out the season to get game reps. Those coaches would use him like he will be used in the NBA.

There is no advantage to staying at LSU based on how he has been used and how they have played to this point in the season, IMO.

So what about...

Wall

Cousins

Davis

Towns

Should they have quit mid year?

They were all millionaires by Feb 1st like Simmons though. What if Simmons wins the SEC tourney for LSU?

What if he blows out both his ACL's? I am not dealing in what if's or emotion.

To me, the facts are what they are. He isn't playing for a team that looks poised to play well through March, like the guys you mentioned. He isn't playing for a coach that has a history of getting guys prepared to be high draft picks, like the guys you mentioned.

When you deal in the tangible, I don't think there is a viable reason for Ben Simmons to stay at LSU for another minute.

What if he blows out both his ACL's? I am not dealing in what if's or emotion.

To me, the facts are what they are. He isn't playing for a team that looks poised to play well through March, like the guys you mentioned. He isn't playing for a coach that has a history of getting guys prepared to be high draft picks, like the guys you mentioned.

When you deal in the tangible, I don't think there is a viable reason for Ben Simmons to stay at LSU for another minute.

Then he should have went to another school.

He had his reasons for going to LSU. If he didn't want to go he could have went overseas for a year.

Then he should have went to another school.

He had his reasons for going to LSU. If he didn't want to go he could have went overseas for a year.

We have the benefit of hindsight. I agree- he should have NEVER come to LSU if he plans on being one and done. He can do his best to make up for his mistake, at this point, by declaring for the NBA Draft RIGHT NOW!!!

I remember a couple years ago, there was a long drink of water with a unique eyebrow that never had plays run for him either. .........So he rebounded, dunked and blocked his way to a national championship, national player of the year and overall #1 pick (while only attempting the 5th most shots on the team..............I think that would be a good model for young Ben to follow.............:popcorn:

I remember a couple years ago, there was a long drink of water with a unique eyebrow that never had plays run for him either. .........So he rebounded, dunked and blocked his way to a national championship, national player of the year and overall #1 pick (while only attempting the 5th most shots on the team..............I think that would be a good model for young Ben to follow.............:popcorn:

What in the world makes anyone think that Ben Simmons plays on a team that is anywhere close to the team that Anthony Davis played for? He doesn't. That is a part of my argument.

Davis played with the number 2 pick in the draft and multiple other first round picks so that he could showcase his full abilities. He also played for a coach that knew how to utilize his unique defensive prowess. Simmons plays with guys that don't get him the ball in crunch time. One of his best attributes is his passing ability. The coach doesn't draw up enough plays for him to be a facilitator and his team mates show no sense of urgency to get him the ball. Again, this is a part of my argument.

Facts are what they are, IMO. He has played two thirds of the season. He has nothing left to prove or gain playing for this LSU team and a lot at risk. It is time to move on, IMO.

We live in such a decaying society........Whether this guy finishes the year or not palying he is the @1 pick. How about learning to deal with adversity, jealousy, highs and lows. How about learning to be a leader and a good teammate. Weve got juniors in HS basically graduating early to get to college so they can leave early to go pro and be there 3 years and never even earn a pension. Hey money is great (by the way Ben is pretty good financially compared to most folks), but the overall hs and college experience on and off the court or arena is priceless.

We live in such a decaying society........Whether this guy finishes the year or not palying he is the @1 pick. How about learning to deal with adversity, jealousy, highs and lows. How about learning to be a leader and a good teammate. Weve got juniors in HS basically graduating early to get to college so they can leave early to go pro and be there 3 years and never even earn a pension. Hey money is great (by the way Ben is pretty good financially compared to most folks), but the overall hs and college experience on and off the court or arena is priceless.

This.

If his team mates won't follow, he can't lead. If his coach won't provide the opportunities, he can't be a good team mate.

His opportunity has nothing to do with a decaying society or a high school junior's opportunity. That really is a red herring, IMO.

The bottom line is he is not in a situation that is good for his future development as a player. He has dealt with 20 games of adversity. He has learned lessons. He put in enough to cement his place at the top of the NBA Draft board.

Ben Simmons is being failed by LSU. His team mates get time in front of NBA scouts because of him. His coach is not developing him as a basketball player as he should. LSU makes hundreds of thousands, if not over a million, dollars in merchandise, ticket sales and tv revenues because of him. He is getting the short end of the stick. Time to cut bait. It isn't about emotion, it is about reason, IMO.