Bracken County 53 Beechwood 40

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would be certain that everyone at beechwood was worried about this game after the emotional win v Holmes. Different result in this one if beechwood does not beat holmes the night before.

Having seen both teams several times, I am not sure your conclusion is valid. Don't forget it's high school basketball. BC just lost a heartbreaker on last minute basket against a very good Newport at full strength the night before. Could have sucked the heart out of the Bears, but they responded. This victory over a good BW team does not need to be downplayed with the excuse the Tigers can't play two good games in a row.

From comments both teams played comparably ugly (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and the eyes say BC wins 7 of 10 against BW.

the one thing that bothered me was with 1:30 left to go in the game, BW was down by 15 and pulled all their starters and BC continued played all their starters the whole game. I feel that when the losing team pulled there starters and the home team also follows with their. why wouldn't you give some of your young players time to play.

totally disagree. Beechwood has not beat holmes in over 50+ years. then to go to Bracken county, not comparable to the one point newport loss.

I understand your position. I am just saying these two teams are very comparable and the Polar Bears had the Igloo advantage. I think BW is very capable of two wins back to back (better be with tournament time around the corner).

Pollsters argue for BC narrowly: Cantrall 63.9 to 63.0 BC; LIT 76.9 to 75.1 BC. Looking at the only four common opponents:

Brossart- BC won by 5, while BW lost by 19

Harrison Co. - BC won by 16, while BW lost by 9

Pendleton Co. - BC won by 20, BW won by 6

Newport - BC lost by 2, BW lost by 4.

I know it is tough comparing outcomes with other teams. The BC victory though is hard to be dismissed because BW won a big game the night before as the reason. Could be they met a better team (polls & common opponent's argument), or best BW case a very evenly matched team that won on their home floor. Ugly games produce ugly outcomes and excuses for winners and losers.

the one thing that bothered me was with 1:30 left to go in the game, BW was down by 15 and pulled all their starters and BC continued played all their starters the whole game. I feel that when the losing team pulled there starters and the home team also follows with their. why wouldn't you give some of your young players time to play.

It is Bracken. They have to keep the parents happy and some players have to have so many points per game.

...back to the game: Crawford hits a 3 from beyond half court at the end of the first quarter. He lined it up from well beyond and it was good as soon as it let fly. I have never seen a half court buzzer shot where the shooter absolutley knew that ball was going in. He all but put his hand in the cookie jar....kid can absolutely play

I see what you are saying, but as a coach look at the schedule coming up. Scott Friday, Pendleton Monday, I would want them playing every minute they can. And if Beechwood is down by 15 I see no reason for them to take the starters out. There are plenty of other games where 'JV' players can get varsity experience.

Crawford 20pts 13reb 4assist

Hamilton 14pts 3reb

Lippert 11pts 4reb

Enges 4pts 8reb

Williams 4pts 2reb 4assist

Jones 6reb

Bravard 1reb

It is Bracken. They have to keep the parents happy and some players have to have so many points per game.

Care to elaborate on that? Not sure where you're coming from.