Bracken County 53 Beechwood 40

This was a classic trap game for BW

Coming off a good win with their eyes way too big and more than likely should beat Bracken maybe 6/10 times or better.... They overlooked BC.....

No imperical evidence for your conclusion. See Post#20. Both teams played very ugly and Bears won. If both play their best, the Polls say Bears win without taking in homecourt advantage of Igloo. Common opponents strongly suggest Bears win. Only scenario where Tigers win is they play strong and Bears play below par.

It is very encouraging to see the Tiger program coming on. Love B. Toebbe and see him as top five NKy player next year. A trap game is by definition where a superior team overlooks the capabilities of an inferior team. Beechwood basketball program is certainly not to the point where they can overlook any top 10 team from the 10th. Easier to man-up and acknowledge the loss, which I guarantee Coach Goetz has done with his team.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Bracken. They have to keep the parents happy and some players have to have so many points per game.

One thing is Bracken has had a great year! So don't start. The program is looking up finally. Most parents are happy and we are enjoying the coach!!! Plus, they was only up by 10 most of the game. Leave the drama for another team please!!

This was a classic trap game for BW

Coming off a good win with their eyes way too big and more than likely should beat Bracken maybe 6/10 times or better.... They overlooked BC.....

Disagree. I've seen BW a few times this year, nothing against them, they are a solid team. This was a pretty even matchup from a skill / ability level.

Let's don't get carried away with BW's prior night win....

One thing is Bracken has had a great year! So don't start. The program is looking up finally. Most parents are happy and we are enjoying the coach!!! Plus, they was only up by 10 most of the game. Leave the drama for another team please!!

What was wrong with it before?

What was wrong with it before?

I think that they are trying to say it's better than what is has been. Chad Persinger took a bad program and brought it up to an average program, and as far as he could take it and I don't think he gets enough credit for that. So they hired Miles who thought would get us over the hump and make us better than average but turned disastrous.

Now Polar Bear fans finally have a coach who will be here for a long time and keep us competing for championships. This is the best shape the program has been since 1998-99 when we won All A and District. Most parents are happy to have someone who is completely dedicated and is bringing winning back to the Bracken County basketball culture. What would people not be happy about?

The worst thing a parent can do is be too involved with coaches.

I think that they are trying to say it's better than what is has been. Chad Persinger took a bad program and brought it up to an average program, and as far as he could take it and I don't think he gets enough credit for that. So they hired Miles who thought would get us over the hump and make us better than average but turned disastrous.

Now Polar Bear fans finally have a coach who will be here for a long time and keep us competing for championships. This is the best shape the program has been since 1998-99 when we won All A and District. Most parents are happy to have someone who is completely dedicated and is bringing winning back to the Bracken County basketball culture. What would people not be happy about?

The worst thing a parent can do is be too involved with coaches.

I know there are some sore spots from last year and don't think they need discussion here. Program under Hinson is certainly headed in the right direction. Am very glad for my Bracken friends, miss Coach Hinson and hope you guys win every game except against the Panthers. All that being said, in fairness to Coach Miles that brutal schedule last year that included only 7 of 29 games in the Igloo was a gauntlet too great for any new coach trying to teach a group of young players how to win.