Unbeatens in 3A this year

jbwill2

How many 3A teams will finish the 2006 regular season with undefeated records, and which teams will they be? I would have to look at the schedules more closely, but off the top of my head I'd think that Boyle County would stand a reasonable chance of doing this.

Johnson Central has a decent shot. They have six home games, including a big district game against Ashland. Hopefully, JC will survive its opener against North Laurel on the road.

South Laurel beat the Golden Eagles pretty handily in last season's opener, but Johnson Central had a very inexperienced secondary when the season opened last year and South Laurel exploited its advantage. If Johnson Central avoids fumble-fests like the one that cost them dearly in the playoffs last season, they have a good shot at an undefeated regular season.

Not to take anything away from the Birds but I don't see it happening in Ft. Thomas this year especially with the Freight Train they are getting ready to run into. Hat off to Dale though, he knows how to win the big ones and thats by not playing the cup cakes to achieve an undefeated season but to ready his boys for the game that only counts in Ft. Thomas #17.

:thumb:

How many 3A teams will finish the 2006 regular season with undefeated records, and which teams will they be? I would have to look at the schedules more closely, but off the top of my head I'd think that Boyle County would stand a reasonable chance of doing this.

They might pull an undefeated season off, but one game on their schedule appears to be a probable "L".

Boyle County at Henry Clay, August 26th.

Bullitt East has a very big chance to finish their season 10-0, their district is not particularly strong and they get their toughest game, Lou. Central at home.

Here is their schedule:

Aug 18, '06 Nelson County Nelson County - 7:30 PM

Aug 25, '06 Bullitt Central Bullitt Central - 7:30 PM

Sep 1, '06 Jeffersontown Jeffersontown - 7:30 PM

Sep 8, '06 Central Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Sep 15, '06 Atherton Atherton - 7:30 PM

Sep 22, '06 Doss Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Sep 29, '06 Fairdale Fairdale - 7:30 PM

Oct 6, '06 Waggener Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Oct 13, '06 Open Bullitt East -

Oct 20, '06 Valley Valley - 7:30 PM

Oct 27, '06 North Bullitt Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Bullitt East has a very big chance to finish their season 10-0, their district is not particularly strong and they get their toughest game, Lou. Central at home.

Here is their schedule:

Aug 18, '06 Nelson County Nelson County - 7:30 PM

Aug 25, '06 Bullitt Central Bullitt Central - 7:30 PM

Sep 1, '06 Jeffersontown Jeffersontown - 7:30 PM

Sep 8, '06 Central Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Sep 15, '06 Atherton Atherton - 7:30 PM

Sep 22, '06 Doss Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Sep 29, '06 Fairdale Fairdale - 7:30 PM

Oct 6, '06 Waggener Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Oct 13, '06 Open Bullitt East -

Oct 20, '06 Valley Valley - 7:30 PM

Oct 27, '06 North Bullitt Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Central appears to be the biggest potential stumbling block in Bullitt East's regular season schedule, but don't overlook North Bullitt and Doss who have a shot at pulling an upset.

If the Purples do, it will be an important piece of BGHS Football history right out of the gate, as the Purples have never beaten St X (the Tigers lead the series 7-0, but two of the games, 1931 and 2005, were outstanding games). And even if they don't, as long as the guys leave everything on the field, I'll be proud of them!

NOTE: If the Purples run the table this year, Coach Kevin Wallace will become BGHS's all-time winning head coach in football. He's at 105 wins right now, and trails Hall of Fame Coach Dan Haley by 14 wins. Even if this doesn't happen this year, it will early next year.:D

I agree with you, this opening game will be big for both teams. The winner builds a tremendous amount of confidence going forward (Having a quality win over a quality opponent). The loser learns more than the winner.....( for making improvements etc.) Going to be a great game. I just hope the weather does not dictate the game. Would love to see a relatively cool day in the mid 80's for kickoff.... Time will tell.

Everyone knows that I am quite bias when it comes to Boyle County :D and as much as I'd like to say that Boyle will go unbeaten, I think I'd better wait to see what we look like, and I hear they look really good, before I make any predictions.

And that being said - GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: