2016 All A Classic at Bracken County High School

Who wins the 2016 10th region All A?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2016 10th region All A?

• Augusta
    • Bishop Brossart
    • Bracken Co.
    • Calvary Christian
    • Nicholas Co.
    • Paris
    • Robertson Co.
    • Saint Patrick
    • Silver Grove

I would like to think my Polar Bears have a decent shot of winning this. They have played a pretty tough schedule to prepare them for this tournament. They are starting to click on all cylinders and have looked pretty good of late. Unfortunate draw for Bracken with the top half being absolutely loaded. I predict that whom ever comes our of the top bracket will be the 10th regions representative in Frankfort.

The defending champion Augusta Panthers don't appear to be much of a factor in this year's tournament by looking at the poll and posts. Better to be an underdog and not face as much pressure but I thought maybe we'd get a little more of a chance in the minds of those who enjoy the entertainment that is bgp. I feel confident in their chances but at the same time do understand that there is pretty stiff competition in this tournament. First things first the Panthers have to dispatch of St. Patrick on Saturday before even thinking about who wins the Paris/Bracken County game. I will certainly be attending that one, like I'm sure many others will, just to get a look at the Greyhounds and see what could be a good game.

As for my reasons for predicting the Panthers to win, first, they return their core from last season, the "Big Three" as they are called by some, who have been on the floor for all of Augusta's recent success. They have won four straight and six of their last seven and come into Saturday's game with a full head of steam. Second, should they win vs. St. Patrick, they have pretty much four days til their semifinal match up with Paris or Bracken County. That game's winner gets two days. Third, Augusta has known success in the Igloo. They have not lost on that floor since the 2012 39th district final and it's not a long drive for Panther fans. In fact, it's the next best venue besides being at home. So if the Panthers do make it to the following Saturday they should be matched up with the Bishop Brossart Mustangs. Having defeated them in last year's final that edge of intimidation won't be there this year. And having defeated Paris or Bracken County in the semifinal will certainly have them feeling good at that point.

Now, will my predictions be right? I certainly do not know. I might have a better chance at winning this Saturday's powerball! But as I think about that, Vince McMahon's entrance music is playing in my head. Back to reality. I really think it's going to be a great tournament with some exciting games. I just had to get on here and give my team some love. Good luck to JT and Mike broadcasting all the games in this tournament, I imagine it will be a challenge. If the Polar Bears make it to Saturday those guys might need subs!! The following is a shameless plug. I will be broadcasting Augusta's game, hopefully games, just go to Augusta Independent Schools :ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

I see four teams in this tourney that could win it: Augusta, Bracken, Brossart, & Paris.

I can see Augusta because, well, they won it last year and the nucleus of that team is still here this year. Crawford, Maddox, & Snapp have won 2 39th Districts and a Class A.

I can see Bracken because they have the best player in the tournament, along with a really good #2 guy, and they're at home.

I can see Brossart because this is traditionally Brossart's tournament, they have a very favorable draw, and they're just as good as both Augusta and Bracken.

I can see Paris because they are the most talented team in the thing. The Hounds are the team that would least surprise me if they won. What gives me caution is they likely have to beat the other 3 teams I mentioned above to win it.

I see four teams in this tourney that could win it: Augusta, Bracken, Brossart, & Paris.

I can see Augusta because, well, they won it last year and the nucleus of that team is still here this year. Crawford, Maddox, & Snapp have won 2 39th Districts and a Class A.

I can see Bracken because they have the best player in the tournament, along with a really good #2 guy, and they're at home.

I can see Brossart because this is traditionally Brossart's tournament, they have a very favorable draw, and they're just as good as both Augusta and Bracken.

I can see Paris because they are the most talented team in the thing. The Hounds are the team that would least surprise me if they won. What gives me caution is they likely have to beat the other 3 teams I mentioned above to win it.

As usual I agree with RP's logic. I might add that should Paris win this by playing and winning successive "tough" games, I would really give them an edge in the Regional tournament for passing this test.