Concussion

I've seen it. Will Smith is one of my favorite actors. I can't get past the very bad accent.

The movie just confirms the shady behavior of the NFL. My main disappointment was the movie creating story lines , they didn't need to lie to make their point.

I have heard it is just ok and it has underwhelmed at the box office.

Critics slammed the film’s director and producer for taking artistic license with the film’s basic premise — and fabricating outright lies.

For instance, Dr. Bennet Omalu was credited with discovering chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in the movie. But medical scholars note the condition was named 85 years ago. The film makes no mention of that.

‘Concussion’ also blamed CTE for the deaths of several retired NFL players who actually committed suicide.

Will Smith's 'Concussion' Bombs at the Box Office

I heard an interview this morning on Catholic radio with Dr. Omalu. His faith was a very motivating factor in his research. He made some very compelling arguments for protecting children from the effects of football before they are 18. He claims that no helmet can protect the brain from bouncing back and forth in the head. I have not seen the movie, but I plan to soon.