New Years Eve ISIS inspired attack thwarted in NY

Jumper_Dad

Rochester Man Charged With Planning Attack on Behalf of ISIS

A 25-year-old man in Rochester has been arrested and charged with preparing to stage a New Year’s Eve machete attack on diners at a local restaurant on behalf of the Islamic State.

The man, Emanuel L. Lutchman, is accused of gathering knives, a machete, ski masks and zip ties as part of his plan to raid the restaurant and possibly kidnap someone, taking advantage of what a self-identified Islamic State member overseas described as his position “behind enemy lines.”

Mr. Lutchman appeared in federal court in Rochester on Thursday on a charge of attempting to provide material support and resources to the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, as he pursued a goal of eventually joining the terrorist organization overseas.

Good Job by those involved with stopping this before it took place.

When I was in NYC I couldn't help but wonder about all the stuff that was going on that I didn't know about. Such a massive place and so many people. I feel like there was a continuous siren in the background the entire time that I was there

When I was in NYC I couldn't help but wonder about all the stuff that was going on that I didn't know about. Such a massive place and so many people. I feel like there was a continuous siren in the background the entire time that I was there

NYPD has their own in-house version of the FBI and CIA, as well as anti terror special forces like units known as Hercules Teams that are constantly roaming the city.

NYPD has their own in-house version of the FBI and CIA, as well as anti terror special forces like units known as Hercules Teams that are constantly roaming the city.

I seen a couple of things that made me think to myself "I wish I knew what those guys are up to". But then again, I love stuff like that.