Mercer County/Montgomery County Predictions

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Mercer County
    • Montgomery County

2 weeks ago I think this game would have potential been a blowout in Mercers favor.

But after last weeks showing in mason co and their first 2 games this week, I'm looking for a real battle tonight.

Mercer has looked sluggish this week and moco has looked like a well oiled machine.

This is a statement game for Moco.

Moco +5. 75 - 70

I don't know about sluggish "this week." They won the first game by 40 against a team that Paris beat by 7 yesterday. They were "sluggish" in a big way in the first quarter against Central, then won each of the next 3 quarters.

If they can't get excited (early on) for the championship game at MoCo, then I'm not sure what to say. They need to come out of the gate looking to play up-tempo instead of waiting 10-12 minutes to kick it in.

I do expect what happened in last night's game to help them tonight. We shall see.

I have seen Mercer play early season and this week and believe they will be in for a battle. They never been tested until last night.Montgomery Co has played well the last two weeks and been tested and seem to be coming along good. If Montgomery is shooting the way they have been then Mercer is in the same situation as last night. Up-Tempo play can benefit both teams. Gonna be a good game or at least hope so.

I too expect it to be a good game. One big difference in Madison Central and Montgomery is that Madison Central is definitely more athletic, but Montgomery has more size. And if Montgomery hits 75% from beyond the arc (as Central did), that'll be a problem for sure.

I think this is a tough game to call given Mercer's slow starts but if they put 4 quarters together then i wouldnt be surprised if they win by 18ish. However, if they come out sluggish the first quarter and dig a hole i also wouldn't be surprised if MoCo pulls the upset.

With all that being said I'm thinking Mercer by single digits