Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County/Montgomery County Predictions

Who wins? 5 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Mercer County
      60%
    • Montgomery County
      40%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Championship game of the Gateway Holiday Classic in Mt. Sterling at 7:30 pm tonight. What are your thoughts?

2 weeks ago I think this game would have potential been a blowout in Mercers favor.

 

But after last weeks showing in mason co and their first 2 games this week, I'm looking for a real battle tonight.

 

Mercer has looked sluggish this week and moco has looked like a well oiled machine.

 

This is a statement game for Moco.

 

Moco +5. 75 - 70

I don't know about sluggish "this week." They won the first game by 40 against a team that Paris beat by 7 yesterday. They were "sluggish" in a big way in the first quarter against Central, then won each of the next 3 quarters.

The first quarter has been brutal for Mercer County this year. I don't think they'll lose tonight but they better figure out their first quarter issues. I won't be surprised by any outcome tonight. I'll say Mercer County by around 6-12 points.

If they can't get excited (early on) for the championship game at MoCo, then I'm not sure what to say. They need to come out of the gate looking to play up-tempo instead of waiting 10-12 minutes to kick it in.

 

I do expect what happened in last night's game to help them tonight. We shall see.

I have seen Mercer play early season and this week and believe they will be in for a battle. They never been tested until last night.Montgomery Co has played well the last two weeks and been tested and seem to be coming along good. If Montgomery is shooting the way they have been then Mercer is in the same situation as last night. Up-Tempo play can benefit both teams. Gonna be a good game or at least hope so.

I too expect it to be a good game. One big difference in Madison Central and Montgomery is that Madison Central is definitely more athletic, but Montgomery has more size. And if Montgomery hits 75% from beyond the arc (as Central did), that'll be a problem for sure.

So the debate is if Moco will play with/beat a top 5 team per this poll. Would be a great win for the tenth. If moco hits ft's against central they win that game so they have a chance...but I don't see them shooting 70+% in a half or whatever it was last night.

I think this is a tough game to call given Mercer's slow starts but if they put 4 quarters together then i wouldnt be surprised if they win by 18ish. However, if they come out sluggish the first quarter and dig a hole i also wouldn't be surprised if MoCo pulls the upset.

With all that being said I'm thinking Mercer by single digits

19-13 Mercer. Early 2nd quarter

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.