10th Region Rankings & Weekly Review (12-21-15)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what happens, it would be hard IMO to rank Montgomery County ahead of Campbell County at this point. We're not even a week removed from Campbell beating MoCo at MoCo.

As for the game tonight, it's a tough one to call, but I'll take Mason County by 1.

RP I agree with you more times than not but looking at their body of work up to today I would have to say Campbell for the moment is back pedaling while MoCo is on the rise. Last night game vs. Lawrence Co. was an eye opener and impressive win for the Indians. They seem to have found their identity of late. Call me crazy I still think MoCo is #1 in the region and a win tonight would only strenghen their case. Paris beat them on a last second shot at Paris and Campbell won by 3 in Mt. Sterling. Their is not much seperation but IMO MoCo right now is the better team. For that matter there isnt much seperation from 1-10 in the region.

RP I agree with you more times than not but looking at their body of work up to today I would have to say Campbell for the moment is back pedaling while MoCo is on the rise. Last night game vs. Lawrence Co. was an eye opener and impressive win for the Indians. They seem to have found their identity of late. Call me crazy I still think MoCo is #1 in the region and a win tonight would only strenghen their case. Paris beat them on a last second shot at Paris and Campbell won by 3 in Mt. Sterling. Their is not much seperation but IMO MoCo right now is the better team. For that matter there isnt much seperation from 1-10 in the region.

You could be right on all of that. And I too have felt at times that Montgomery will be the team to beat by season's end.

I'm not saying I would be unable to put MoCo in front of Campbell. I'm just saying it would be hard to do so.

For me, it's more about it being so fresh--the Campbell/MoCo game, that is. If Campbell had won at MoCo on, say, December 3rd, I wouldn't have any problems moving MoCo past them. But with the game being just a few days ago, it makes it harder for me.

I think people look at Campbell's W/L record (and I'm not excusing myself from this thinking either) and see 4-6. What we don't necessarily see is who they've lost to. CovCath, a top 15 team in the state, Holy Cross is a power this year in the 9th Region, an LCA team who has lost 3 of 4 games to Dunbar & Scott County. And then they lost at Holmes in OT--the same Holmes team that just lost by 2 to Cooper, who is also ranked in the Top 20 in the state.

I'll grant that the margin of defeat in some of those games is bad. And the loss to Dixie isn't anything to write home about either. But the Camels have played a really tough schedule early on. Also, they are only 1 of 4 10th Region teams with an undefeated record within the Region (Paris, Mason, & Calvary are the others).

Regardless of what happens, it would be hard IMO to rank Montgomery County ahead of Campbell County at this point. We're not even a week removed from Campbell beating MoCo at MoCo.

I thought I had convinced you otherwise. I guess it depends on the nights one saw these teams. I saw MC beat a good Scott Co. team and a good Simon Kenton. I saw CC get destroyed by CovCath. MC wins my eye test.

The more I evaluate these teams the more I go with Montgomery as #1 for now. I have only seen Paris for a quarter but their schedule to me has not been as strong as some teams with more losses. Yes I know Paris defeated MC but you must look at the overall picture.

On another note, for those who were hoping Mason Co. would be down-Wrong.

I thought I had convinced you otherwise. I guess it depends on the nights one saw these teams. I saw MC beat a good Scott Co. team and a good Simon Kenton. I saw CC get destroyed by CovCath. MC wins my eye test.

Montgomery has impressed me more than any other 10th Region team, so we agree on the eye test.

Having said that, Campbell beat them at their place only 5 days ago. That result outweighs my eye test.

Montgomery has impressed me more than any other 10th Region team, so we agree on the eye test.

Having said that, Campbell beat them at their place only 5 days ago. That result outweighs my eye test.

But they have lost two games since then. We will have to agree to disagree on this one.