Lincoln County 75 Simon Kenton 69

Not in attendance but heard from parent that Sk played without Harmeyer....possible stress fracture.

Also SK players watched the game instead of participating.

Not having Harmeyer definitley hurts SK. I really trust and believe that this is minor. Harmeyer is a great kid with a big future.

SK had a good first half, but couldn't keep up in the second half. Losing Harmeyer is not good, but Stamper and the Jones sisters filled in well. SK is figuring things out. [/B]By the end of the season they will be a tough out at the state tournament

Has it already been decided they will represent the 8th at the state tournament???

SK had a good first half, but couldn't keep up in the second half. Losing Harmeyer is not good, but Stamper and the Jones sisters filled in well. SK is figuring things out. By the end of the season they will be a tough out at the state tournament

I haven't seen the other teams in the 8th region so I can't speak for them, but after seeing Walton play, this is not a given.

Absolutely. Nothing against Walton or any other team in the 8th, but SK should win the region without a problem. In your opinion who do you think wins the 8th?

Should is much different than will. Etown "should" have won the state last year and didn't. It's very early and SK doesn't feel like they are playing like a regional winner right now unless that region is very weak. You say SK will improve....I'm sure they will, but so will other teams.

If I was a betting man and you offered me the "field" and you took SK in the third week of the season, I would take the field. There's a long way to go and a lot can happen. I'm not saying they won't win the 8th. Just saying that's a pretty bold statement this early in the season.

Absolutely. Nothing against Walton or any other team in the 8th, but SK should win the region without a problem. In your opinion who do you think wins the 8th?

You do realize SK barely won by 2 at home against Walton right? SK is good but far away from being a dominating team.

You do realize SK barely won by 2 at home against Walton right? SK is good but far away from being a dominating team.

Yes I saw the game. That is one of the bigger reasons I feel very comfortable believing SK will win the region. I'm a SK fan of course, so that certainly affects my opinion but I think I've seen enough of the 8th region to this point to have an informed opinion

Edited by UKlover123
Typo

Yes I saw the game. That is one of the bigger reasons I feel very comfortable believing SK will win the region. I'm a SK fan of course, so that certainly affects my opinion but I think I've seen enough of the 8th region to this point to have an informed opinion

Informed opinion is fine. Declaring victory 3 weeks into the season is pretty bold.

What makes you feel this is so cut and dry? 8th is down? SK is just that dominate? Typical 8th powerhouses are down?