9th Region Undefeated Teams

Only two undefeated teams remain in the 9th region.

The Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds and the Highlands Bluebirds both remain undefeated to date. The teams have a combined record of 6 wins and 0 losses.:D

HHS puts their undefeated record on the line tonight against Brossart while NCC nexts plays on Tuesday.

I would give Highlands more credibility than NCC. NCC hasn't played anybody that's even close to decent so their undefeated record means nothing. They won't be undefeated after the Tribe takes them to the woodshed on Tuesday. Highlands will likely be the only remaining undefeated after that.

I would give Highlands more credibility than NCC. NCC hasn't played anybody that's even close to decent so their undefeated record means nothing. They won't be undefeated after the Tribe takes them to the woodshed on Tuesday. Highlands will likely be the only remaining undefeated after that.

Same thoughts you had during football season...

I feel a little silly contributing to this particular thread, but what the heck...

Though it's still early, and this doesn't mean too much this early in the season, here's some food for thought.

NewCath beat LexCath by 6 points on Dec. 5 in the Legacy Nissan Classic at North Laurel.

BGP's #2 rated team in the state Dunbar beat LexCath six days later by only 1 point on Dec. 11 at LexCath.

Again, it's way too early for much to be made of any of this, and possible factors such as the transition from football to basketball seasons for some players can make a difference to the bigger picture, along with other early season factors.

Though NewCath's schedule thus far has yet to be very threatening, taking care of LexCath is sorta telling, and destroying everyone else is too.

Dominating Dayton and Ludlow was to be expected.

Not a terrible surprise that they took care of Dixie and Boone pretty handily, but impressive nonetheless.

The close one with Lloyd is a bit puzzling and a head scratcher, while their next game against Holy Cross on Tuesday will really be the true measuring stick to let us know just where they stand.

Win or lose, if the outcome is close, then the Breds can be considered valid. If they lose bad to HC then we can conclude that they're overrated. If they ruin the Indians then we'll know that NewCath is for real.

My hunch is that we'll see a barn burner with a close outcome. Both teams love the 3 ball. Holy Cross is unconscious at home in that category. Will the Breds' 3 stay on pace, and my biggest question is how the Indians plan to contain Big Ben.

Should be a good ol' good one.