Women and their bodies

SportsGuy41017

I do not intend to start another abortion debate, but I have a question.

If some people are saying its a woman's body and she should have the right to choose what to do with it, then why do many of those same people get on women who want to be prostitutes and/or go into adult films? It's their body, shouldn't they have the right to choose?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not intend to start another abortion debate, but I have a question.

If some people are saying its a woman's body and she should have the right to choose what to do with it, then why do many of those same people get on women who want to be prostitutes and/or go into adult films? It's their body, shouldn't they have the right to choose?

Prostitution should definitely be legal.

Prostitution should definitely be legal.

While I can't dissagree completely. The one problem I have with prostitution is that it promotes drug trade, in a big way. At least that's how it is in my local area.

Huntington has started putting up billboards along major roadways of John's that they have arrested in prostitution stings. I don't agree with that at all. But apparently their idea is that if they can curb prostitution they can put a dent (more like a ding IMO) in the local drug trade. More less they have ran out of ideas to combat the local drig and crime problem. Putting up billboards with John's picture and name on it isn't going to solve anything. But it does tell me there is a direct correlation with prostitution and drug trafficking.

^ I agree, it has to be their choice and without a so called pimp. If they have full control of what they do, good for them. Some females I know see what they and other women do on their own as also being able to control men, again, good for them.

As a liberal, who is anti abortion (except if the mothers life is in danger) I find it odd that many who support abortion are against women doing other things with their bodies.

While I can't dissagree completely. The one problem I have with prostitution is that it promotes drug trade, in a big way. At least that's how it is in my local area.

Huntington has started putting up billboards along major roadways of John's that they have arrested in prostitution stings. I don't agree with that at all. But apparently their idea is that if they can curb prostitution they can put a dent (more like a ding IMO) in the local drug trade. More less they have ran out of ideas to combat the local drig and crime problem. Putting up billboards with John's picture and name on it isn't going to solve anything. But it does tell me there is a direct correlation with prostitution and drug trafficking.

Maybe if prostitution was legal it wouldn't promote anything beyond safe sex.

My argument is why doesn't the guy have a choice in the abortion. Its his kid too. Maybe the dad doesn't want his kid murdered. Maybe the dad wants to raise his kid without the mom.

Well then, maybe the dad should have the fetus transplanted into his uterus...

Maybe if prostitution was legal it wouldn't promote anything beyond safe sex.

Possibly. I guess if it were legal you would have brothels and such, which would likely be much safer than picking up a random heroin addict off the street. Personally I have no idea how the girls walking the streets in my area make a dime, much less support $500 a day drug habbits. But apparently they do.

The KY Post used to have a Town Crier section where they would publish pictures of men that had been arrested for soliciting.

I think the bigger problem with prostitution is human trafficking which is a growing problem here in the U.S.

And IMO the later is due to it being illegal.

I still find it hard to believe that around major events they, for lack of a better word, ship in women, including underage girls to prostitute out. I didn't see it in Denver at the 2008 DNC and no one I know saw anything at the all star game last year in town. I guess you have to be looking for it. But it does exist.

My argument is why doesn't the guy have a choice in the abortion. Its his kid too. Maybe the dad doesn't want his kid murdered. Maybe the dad wants to raise his kid without the mom.

Agree, this is another issue where men and women are not equal.