Sheriff deputies in LA fatally shoot man

SportsGuy41017

Looks like they said more right in article you posted.

"At one point, the man was said to be actively shooting, according to Hernandez. It was not known where he was allegedly shooting, or if one or more witnesses reported this detail.

Responding deputies gave the man "several commands" to drop the gun.

"We have witnesses that say that the suspect turned, pointed the gun at the deputies, and a deputy-involved shooting occurred," Hernandez said."

According to the statement, officials received "multiple emergency calls" of a “man with a gun” and “shots heard.”

"Several calls updating the suspect’s location were also received, including calls that described the suspect as a “male black with a handgun wearing a checkered shirt,” according to the statement.

The deputies arrived and "located" the suspect on Long Beach Boulevard near a gas station, officials say.

"The deputies immediately approached the suspect and gave him multiple commands to drop the gun," the statement said. "However, the suspect did not comply and did not drop the handgun, at which time a deputy-involved shooting occurred."

The Sheriff's Department said there are witnesses who say "they saw the suspect turn and point the gun at the deputies prior to the shooting." Officials also say they recovered a a loaded .45-caliber handgun at the scene.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sheriff-s-deputies-fatally-shoot-man-in-lynwood-caught-on-videotape-20151212-story.html

^ Thanks, I was on my iPhone at the time. The KTLA video with someone from what I believe was with the Sheriff's dept only said just a little about the situation, I think that he said that they did not talk to the officers yet if I am not mistaken.

I think it's normal to wait and talk to the Officers later.

When a cop says...

1.drop the gun

2.drop the knife

3.drop the weapon

4.please step out of your car

5.get on the ground

You follow their orders. If you don't comply, or decided to argue and become confrontational you shouldn't complain when you get shot.

Respect the law!!!!

No way to defend the man with the gun. He was a threat to the police officers and anyone near him. He had already been shooting and was headed toward a place with people inside--the gas station.

Of course, this incident will join the others in the narrative where the media connects the dots of stories that don't belong together. No matter that later on the connection is disproved. Once they are joined together in the narrative the fictional story carries the weight of gospel truth and police are painted as enemy #1.

This is where the real danger lies. A false narrative generates protests that create dangerous situations in the future.