Active Shooter In Colorado Springs

SportsGuy41017

Why would that indicate he doesn't have any hostages?

That they are returning fire, shooting at him. There were at least people in other areas of the building that they were evacuating, hearing they all are out of the rest of the building.

The propane tanks are very interesting as well as dangerous.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That they are returning fire, shooting at him. There were at least people in other areas of the building that they were evacuating, hearing they all are out of the rest of the building.

The propane tanks are very interesting as well as dangerous.

So since the police are returning fire he has no hostages? Sorry but I'm not sure how those two things correlate, even after you explaining it.

All it tells me is that they went in to get one of their own (or someone else) and he fired on them. He may not have any hostages, but I'm not sure how that can be gathered just due to the fact he's exchanging ginfire with the police.

So since the police are returning fire he has no hostages? Sorry but I'm not sure how those two things correlate, even after you explaining it.

All it tells me is that they went in to get one of their own (or someone else) and he fired on them. He may not have any hostages, but I'm not sure how that can be gathered just due to the fact he's exchanging ginfire with the police.

The police generally will not return fire into a building blindly if there are hostages, they will just take cover away from the gunfire...now if he sticks his head out and a sniper has a clear shot that is a different animal.

The police generally will not return fire into a building blindly if there are hostages, they will just take cover away from the gunfire...now if he sticks his head out and a sniper has a clear shot that is a different animal.

I understand that. But just after they exchanged fire with the suspect, live video showed an el paso county armored vehicle coming back to the staging area and unloading what appeared to be a victim into an ambulance. There were reports prior to that that there was still a wounded police officer inside or nearby the building. Makes sense that they may have been retrieving that officer.

I understand that. But just after they exchanged fire with the suspect, live video showed an el paso county armored vehicle coming back to the staging area and unloading what appeared to be a victim into an ambulance. There were reports prior to that that there was still a wounded police officer inside or nearby the building. Makes sense that they may have been retrieving that officer.

I'm sure they were retrieving someone that was injured.

Once again the need for military style armored vehicles is shown...yet many want them taken away from the police. :no:

I'm sure they were retrieving someone that was injured.

Once again the need for military style armored vehicles is shown...yet many want them taken away from the police. :no:

IMO the armored vehicles are needed, to me anyone that debates that doesn't realize whats going on in the world.

My only point really was that just because gunfire was exchanged does not in any way indicate that the shooter did not have any hostages.

IMO the armored vehicles are needed, to me anyone that debates that doesn't realize whats going on in the world.

My only point really was that just because gunfire was exchanged does not in any way indicate that the shooter did not have any hostages.

And I said "It's playing our AS IF", I did not say that it was a 100% sign that there were no hostages. As JD stated "The police generally will not return fire"

I gotcha, My point was if the police were firing back into the building blindly it would generally mean they thought there were no hostages...the dude firing at them doesn't mean anything.