Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Looked solid especially in first half as Ryle rotated ten players and dominated Mercy 47 to 21. In the second half the offense cooled some' date=' also went a bit deeper in the bench. Ryle won that half 19 - 15. The Jv teams split victories .[/quote']

 

That's great to hear! Glad the girls are off to a good start.

That's great to hear! Glad the girls are off to a good start.

 

Agree. Would love to see this Ryle team have a great season (except against my Birds!). This group has worked extremely hard over the years and ran into some tough high school luck. I would love for this Ryle team to go 30-2 and the Birds to beat them in the final of the region! (For their only two losses) Lol!

Was this Mercy (ohio)? Who is the head coach?

Was this Mercy (ohio)? Who is the head coach?

Raiders scrimmaged #15 Mercy Academy Jaguars, Coach Baisch. This was Ryle's first time on the court in competition under new coach Katie Haitz. Word is new look Raiders came out focused, fired up, and jumped to a 14 point lead within first 7 or 8 minutes. Nice opening act for this group..interesting to see where it will go from here.

No doubt that they have not over achieved. I just want them to achieve not under achieve.

I also think her very close friend (Juliet McGregor) and another outstanding athlete, is no longer playing bball. (not confirmed). So that would be one thing that would eliminate her staying to play with her. Just curious.

 

Why would McGregor not be playing? Saw her play with Legacy a few times. Great athlete!

Why would McGregor not be playing? Saw her play with Legacy a few times. Great athlete!

 

I don't know if she ended up playing for sure or not, but with the lack of hearing her name, I think that tells me she's not. However, I know she was still contemplating as mid fall. She is an outstanding athlete and even better kid! But she is a track and field star! And she constantly battles asthma on the bball court (with continuous running). What I gathered, she was thinking about giving up bball and focus on track and field. It's really a shame because she was "poetic" on the bball court. One of my favorite young kids to watch play the game in open court. There may be more to the story, but that's what I know.

U

I don't know if she ended up playing for sure or not, but with the lack of hearing her name, I think that tells me she's not. However, I know she was still contemplating as mid fall. She is an outstanding athlete and even better kid! But she is a track and field star! And she constantly battles asthma on the bball court (with continuous running). What I gathered, she was thinking about giving up bball and focus on track and field. It's really a shame because she was "poetic" on the bball court. One of my favorite young kids to watch play the game in open court. There may be more to the story, but that's what I know.

 

Asked a Ryle friend, she's not playing. Focusing on track at a National level. She must be serious fast! Too bad for Ryle they could use more guard players. They were really strong and tall inside but when I saw them last year they couldn't keep up with the guards they were playing against. I know they have the 8th grader (saw she made the Top 20 girls in Bullitt East this weekend) but they seem to be a team full of forwards and centers. If they struggle this year, I think that will be why.

U

 

Asked a Ryle friend, she's not playing. Focusing on track at a National level. She must be serious fast! Too bad for Ryle they could use more guard players. They were really strong and tall inside but when I saw them last year they couldn't keep up with the guards they were playing against. I know they have the 8th grader (saw she made the Top 20 girls in Bullitt East this weekend) but they seem to be a team full of forwards and centers. If they struggle this year, I think that will be why.

 

She is very fast, but also an outstanding leaper! Long jump, triple jump, etc. Just an outstanding athlete! Great kid too! I can't say that enough. She would have definitely helped this years team, no question.

 

I would agree that Ryle has struggled with pressure from good teams, but I have to think they have the ability to handle it with the right guidance because they have played AAU together for years! If they handle elite pressure, then they are a huge threat in the 9th. If they struggle with pressure again, the top teams will be hard for them to overcome.

The 8th grader looked steady in the scrimmage as she is a nice athlete. They have another Schwartz girl that can handle the ball as well as Allie Ast coming back from injury

Ryle will open the season this week with what looks like the toughest schedule in Northern Kentucky (6 of first 7 games vs teams in NKY top 12 poll and the other against 10th region powerhouse Mason). Raiders scrimmaged yesterday against scrappy St Henry team, winning both varsity games. Maddie Scherr looking very good as starting point joining 4 top returning scorers from last year...seniors Schwartz, Lang, Jones and Jump. Solid senior experience and very good young talent will make this a very deep team.

 

FM NKY Tribune:

RYLE

 

Katie Madden-Haitz, the new head coach of the Raiders, knows what it takes to build a successful program. She was an assistant coach on three Boone County regional championship teams.

 

Her first team at Ryle has seven seniors on the roster, including the top four scorers on last year’s 33rd District championship team — Mallory Schwartz (11.2), Carly Lange (10.8), Madison Jones (8.6) and Aimee Jump (7.0).

 

“Having seven seniors provides our team with leadership and knowledge of the game,” Haitz said. “We should be able to create a lot of havoc for our opponent’s defense due to our ability to have scoring threats in both the post and perimeter.”

 

The new coach put together a challenging schedule for the Raiders. They will play 11 teams that won district titles last season and six of them went on to claim regional championships

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.