Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge

ACE

Considering taking a day to spend in Red River Gorge. I haven't hiked there, but would like to do so. I need recommendations on the hikes/sights that are "musts". May hike in the range of 8-10 miles. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

I hiked the Auxier Ridge trail Friday. It was a pretty hike but it wasn't easy. Strenuous would be a good word for the last half.

Took about 3 hours with a 15 minute stop for a small lunch.

Did you hit Courthouse also? We were there 2 weeks ago. We went to Courthouse first, then did the loop, and then realized that we missed Auxier Ridge and then hiked back to the parking lot and to the ridge. 9 miles...the beer was definitely earned.

Did you hit Courthouse also? We were there 2 weeks ago. We went to Courthouse first, then did the loop, and then realized that we missed Auxier Ridge and then hiked back to the parking lot and to the ridge. 9 miles...the beer was definitely earned.

Remember, I'm 52. You're what? 32?

35. You can throw that number out there, but we ran into a group of 70+ who did the same hike we did. They were smiling. I pray to be that spry.

Oh, my wife was handling it just fine. That uphill ending of Auxier was a bit much for my legs. Zapped.