Quinton Baker

price499

Heard he may be flipping from Marshall to Mississippi State soon if he gets a Bulldog offer (which seems likely). Anybody hear anything along the lines of this?

It would not surprise me at all. At the Ironton game I was talking to someone very close to Q and I mentioned that it'll be nice to be able to go watch him locally the next few years. The response I got was a smile and "keep your fingers crossed."

I do know that some of the big schools have actively been recruiting him even though he is commited to Marshall. I'm not a Marshall fan but will support him wherever he chooses to go.

If he is good enough to get recruited by Ole Miss, where are all of the in state offers? Letting talent leave the state over the years has really bothered me being a fan of any of our Ky universities.

As an Ole Miss fan I gotta call you out on getting Ole Miss and Mississippi State confused, don't be doing that anymore please

If he is good enough to get recruited by Ole Miss, where are all of the in state offers? Letting talent leave the state over the years has really bothered me being a fan of any of our Ky universities.

Miss. state not Ole Miss haha the fans will be sure to tell you it's not the same thing. Regardless your point remains the same.

Miss St, sorry for the confusion. The point is the same. Why would UK, UL, etc let talent in their own backyard get away. It's as if they don't think playing fball in KY for high school is worthy. I don't get it

Miss St, sorry for the confusion. The point is the same. Why would UK, UL, etc let talent in their own backyard get away. It's as if they don't think playing fball in KY for high school is worthy. I don't get it

Cant speak for UL but Baker was committed to UK and de-committed when things started going south a couple years ago.

Think this is more UK saying they value someone who sticks with them and that he missed his chance.

Can't blame the kid. He has SEC speed and could make UK pay for what I have heard not pursuing him much more after he decommitted. Which is stupid because he was a 16-17 year old kid you can't expect a kid not to change his mind.

Has a better chance to play on Sunday's if he goes there.

Think this is more UK saying they value someone who sticks with them and that he missed his chance.

To be fair to Baker, he decommited because his primary recruiter at UK was Neil Brown, which left the staff. So he reopened his recruitment while UK searched for a new OC. IMO, had UK put an offer back on the table after hiring Dawson, Baker would be a Wildcat. It is what it is and if he decommits from Marshall I expect some will question his character. But IMO, he has to do what he feels is best for him, its a big decision. I don't know him well, but I know him well enough to know that he will give 110% wherever he lands.

I was talking to a source close to the situation, saying that Baker's offers have slowed dramatically after he decommited to UK. I'm sure he wouldn't want the reputation of decommiting at the drop of a hat. He would have to decommit from Marshall to have the offers start coming back in. As well, he has a good fan base in this area and I'm sure he'd like to see familiar faces in the stands at the Joan.