Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ty Proffitt from South Laurel

Featured Replies

I am hearing that Ty has official visits scheduled for the following schools:

 

Florida

Kentucky

West Virginia

 

Apparently the interest in him has really picked up. He is a 6'3" PG with great court vision, excellent ball handling and passing skills and a good jumper. Not sure who has offered yet, but he apparently will not play football, did not play baseball this year, and is focusing soley on his basketball future. I know that Steve Wright will miss him badly after he graduates this season. He has been a contributor since he was in middle school and is also a very good kid. He also is apparently playing in several all star games throughout the country over the summer.

 

Congrats to Ty and I look forward to seeing where he ends up playing his college ball! :thumb:

Congrats to Ty. I expect to see him at West Virginia. Kentucky has a glut at the guard positions and Ty is good enough to start at West Virginia as a freshman or sophmore.

Ty has joined the ds all stars east team for their July tour across the country

in Indiana, Morgantown, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. It is hard telling what kind of interest Ty will generate as he plays in front of a lot of coaches that have never seen him play. He will be playing on maybe the best shooting team in the country as the ds team averages close to 40% as a team from behind the arc. Jon Van Hoose, Rodney Haddix, Tyler Portwood, Alex Barker, Jordan Smart and Austin Blair are all capable of 4+ 3's a game.

(ok, they may not be the best rebounding team, but boy can they shoot:D )

Ds team beat some of the top teams in the country without Ty at the Nike Event In Nashville last weekend with wins over City Rocks, DC Blue Devils, and New Jersey All Stars

Ty's style should fit right in, it will be interesting to see how many double digit assist games Ty has in July:thumb:

  • Author
Congrats to Ty. I expect to see him at West Virginia. Kentucky has a glut at the guard positions and Ty is good enough to start at West Virginia as a freshman or sophmore.

 

I agree. That would be a good fit for both he and the Mountaineers. Whereever he ends up, I wish him the best of luck. He is a great kid from a very solid family who I have had the pleasure of watching for 6 years with 1 more to go!

I agree. That would be a good fit for both he and the Mountaineers. Whereever he ends up, I wish him the best of luck. He is a great kid from a very solid family who I have had the pleasure of watching for 6 years with 1 more to go!

 

:thumb:

i hope he goes to UK and not Tenn like Chris Lofton....

i hope he goes to UK and not Tenn like Chris Lofton....

 

IMO Ty Profitt is a very good player, but I don't think he will end up at UK because they have so many guards already.

  • Author
IMO Ty Profitt is a very good player, but I don't think he will end up at UK because they have so many guards already.

 

I agree. UK has lost a few of them in the offseason, but still have plenty for now. However, what about the future? Bradley and Crawford only have 2 years left. You could redshirt him and have him active for 1 season with Bradley and Crawford on the roster. Might not be a bad idea to look ahead.

I agree. UK has lost a few of them in the offseason, but still have plenty for now. However, what about the future? Bradley and Crawford only have 2 years left. You could redshirt him and have him active for 1 season with Bradley and Crawford on the roster. Might not be a bad idea to look ahead.

 

You brought up a lot of good ideas, but I think if Profitt wants early playing time, then UK would not be the place. If he is willing to redshirt as you suggested, then the situation at UK might still work out for him. Doesn't UK have 3-4 guards coming this year?

  • Author
You brought up a lot of good ideas, but I think if Profitt wants early playing time, then UK would not be the place. If he is willing to redshirt as you suggested, then the situation at UK might still work out for him. Doesn't UK have 3-4 guards coming this year?

 

I think they might. I agree that immediate PT, UK would not be the place to be for an incoming frosh. I expect him to end up somewhere else, but if he does end up becoming a Cat, ... that would be wonderful. Laurel County has had a few Cats in the past (GJ Smith & Paul Andrews come to mind), and it would be nice to see one more. But if he doesn't, so be it. He will do well wherever he ends up. Excellent player and a great kid!

Ive heard UK is really interested in him. I would think that if we have as many as 5 scholarships available after next year him or Pettigrew, or some other instate player would get a scholarhip offer.

He is a very fine guard who could step in and really help the Cats next year regardless....I like his savvy....

I agree. That would be a good fit for both he and the Mountaineers.

 

 

:thumb:

 

Yep, if you ask me Ty is in the Mike Gansey type mold, thus being the perfect fit for Beilein and company.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.