Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings (10/12)

Featured Replies

1. Beechwood vs. Ludlow

2. Paintsville -- OPEN

3. Pikeville vs. Phelps

4. Raceland vs. #8 Fairview

5. Russellville at Fulton City

6. Paris vs. #10 Bishop Brossart

7. Campbellsville vs. Bethlehem

8. Fairview at #4 Raceland

9. Hazard at South Floyd

10. Bishop Brossart at #6 Paris

  • Author

Beechwood stays at the top of the mountain, but Paintsville seems to be gaining steam. Everyone's waiting on the Paintsville/Raceland game, that will tell us a lot. Paris and Bishop Brossard play this week, what will we learn from that matchup? Likewise, will Fairview take Paintsville thunder in their matchup with Raceland this week? Who should move up after this week? Who will fall?

If Fairview loses do they drop?

  • Author
If Fairview loses do they drop?

Quite possibly. If they play it close with Raceland, they could both drop. If they lose by a good margin I would think Fairview has a good chance of dropping a spot or two.

 

Here's a good question: If Raceland wins by say 30, do they have a chance of moving past Pikeville?

Quite possibly. If they play it close with Raceland, they could both drop. If they lose by a good margin I would think Fairview has a good chance of dropping a spot or two.

 

Here's a good question: If Raceland wins by say 30, do they have a chance of moving past Pikeville?

They should. If they handle Fairview like Paintsville did or worse, then they should definitely move up.

If Raceland beats Fairview by as much or more than Paintsville did, I think they have to move up over Pikeville, their two losses came to teams that are head and shoulders above anyone on the easts schedule not named Belfry.

Quite possibly. If they play it close with Raceland, they could both drop. If they lose by a good margin I would think Fairview has a good chance of dropping a spot or two.

 

Here's a good question: If Raceland wins by say 30, do they have a chance of moving past Pikeville?

 

 

Even if they win by less, Paintsville and Raceland and Pikeville are neck and neck. Those three will be tough outs. I've predicted that Hazard would play Pikeville the past two years and was wrong. This year they should face each other again and the last time they where in the same district was 2006 and Pikeville thumped Hazard in the regular season to lose in the playoffs by a last second field goal 15-14.( Which is highly unlikely to happen again)

I've watched Pikeville on TV once and the Hazard game. If Pikeville plays that way the rest of the way then I don't think they can be beat. Take a look at the stats on the scoreboard site of the Pikeville and Hazard game. Those numbers are explosive. Hazard did contain Pugh fairly well and he had 59 of his yards on one play. The QB change has payed off big time.

I dont think he is as big, but the Pikeville QB reminds me alot of Randy Maynard that was at Pikeville a few years back. Accurate and threw well on the run and always had to br kept in the pocket bc he would kill you if he started to scramble. The east is going to be a dogfight.

I dont think he is as big, but the Pikeville QB reminds me alot of Randy Maynard that was at Pikeville a few years back. Accurate and threw well on the run and always had to br kept in the pocket bc he would kill you if he started to scramble. The east is going to be a dogfight.

 

I think he is most definitely faster.

If Raceland beats Fairview by as much or more than Paintsville did, I think they have to move up over Pikeville, their two losses came to teams that are head and shoulders above anyone on the easts schedule not named Belfry.

 

Not going to happen. There isn't anything Raceland can do versus Fairview to move above #4. To make that move, they have to beat Paintsville.

I dont think he is as big, but the Pikeville QB reminds me alot of Randy Maynard that was at Pikeville a few years back. Accurate and threw well on the run and always had to br kept in the pocket bc he would kill you if he started to scramble. The east is going to be a dogfight.

That guy is a beast. When I played him he jumped straight from his back to his feet without using his arms.

Not going to happen. There isn't anything Raceland can do versus Fairview to move above #4. To make that move, they have to beat Paintsville.

 

So shutting them out or putting up a running clock wouldnt give them a shot at moving up? Or are the two losses against teams that are likely stronger than anyone on the other top 5's schedule not named Belfry and maybe Murray, too much to over come unless they win the region? Then, if they win the region, do they have to beat Pikeville to jump over them? I could care less, just makes for interesting conversation, imo.

That guy is a beast. When I played him he jumped straight from his back to his feet without using his arms.

 

 

I believe you and LR both played against him didnt you?

I believe you and LR both played against him didnt you?

Yessir he was a tough one for sure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.