Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Hits

Featured Replies

Now that over half the season has played out, does anyone care to share some footage of a big collision that they have witnessed over the course of the season thus far?

  • Author

[video=youtube;4-mn5Z_Pg1I]

 

Sophomore DE Tyrese Allen (6'4 250) from JC throws a block in the Lexington Catholic game during the middle of the 3rd after SR DE Blake Martin (6'4 230) intercepts the Knights QB. The pick gave JC good field position and allowed them to tack on another score making it 42-14.

[video=youtube;4-mn5Z_Pg1I]

 

Sophomore DE Tyrese Allen (6'4 250) from JC throws a block in the Lexington Catholic game during the middle of the 3rd after SR DE Blake Martin (6'4 230) intercepts the Knights QB. The pick gave JC good field position and allowed them to tack on another score making it 42-14.

 

Those hits do not ever impress me. How hard is it to hit someone that's not looking?

Those hits do not ever impress me. How hard is it to hit someone that's not looking?

 

Whos fault is that........head on a swivel.

Illegal helmet to helmet hits do not impress me either.

Whos fault is that........head on a swivel.

 

Not blaming anyone. Just saying it's not "impressive."

Illegal helmet to helmet hits do not impress me either.

 

Helmet to helmet actually happens after the initial hit, when he coils into the other JC player.

Those are very nice "big hits" by Fern Creek. Legit! Central parents should take notice. That's how it's done if you are looking to post something on the internet to get a response.

 

Thanks Pete W!

  • Author
Those hits do not ever impress me. How hard is it to hit someone that's not looking?

 

I didn't ask what were impressive by anyone's standards, I simply asked what were some of the bigger ones that you have personally seen that were on film. You stated your opinion and I concur. Nothing is better than a FS like a Ronnie Lott running the alley and stuffing a bruising back as he is trying to hit the edge. Blocks on an individual that isn't looking, sacking the QB from behind or a bone crusher on a WR going across the middle are not the greatest but do provide an ample amount of big hits, which is what was poised. I tip my cap to the young man from LC as he got back up and ran down field to assist in making the tackle.

  • Author
Helmet to helmet actually happens after the initial hit, when he coils into the other JC player.

 

Indeed. He leads with his shoulder and makes helmet contact following the initial hit. A ref was right there and anyone that has done as many rule seminars as the state requires its officials/coaches to attend will know that. The nfhs.org made helmet to helmet contact a point of emphasis due to the rise in concussions for player safety. If it is remotely close they are going to call it.

http://www.nfhs.org/sports-resource-content/football-game-officials-manual-points-of-emphasis-2014-2015/

  • Author
Those are very nice "big hits" by Fern Creek. Legit! Central parents should take notice. That's how it's done if you are looking to post something on the internet to get a response.

 

Thanks Pete W!

 

What's not legit and clean about the block I posted? It was clean as no flag was thrown. It is not like I am tooting our player's horn and parading around comments or clips to belittle the opposition, I simply asked a question. Some people are so darn sensitive when it comes to anything JC, tunnel vision ensues and they simply miss what is asked. If I was trying to bring attention to this hit I believe I would have made reference following the game, not a month after the fact. I'm not a trying to stir anything up or a parent of any one of our players. Feel free to read all my posts and you will find that I'm actually quite intellectual and positive towards all in every single post I make. The kid that made the block did not get up and beat his chest or try to bring attention to himself following the hit. Just a good clean block. If I was a little more tech savvy and knew how to rip plays off hudl I would gladly share others, especially by our LBs, but this is the only one that I could find with capabilities of sharing. LC provided a few big blows to our boys as well during the contest.

 

I agree, FC brought the hammer. One that I really wish I could share was another downfield block by a LC player against Ryle that I watched online. The LC WR got a huge hit on the Ryle defender as his teammate was cutting back across the grain.

Unfortunately, our Colts were on the receiving end of many of those Fern Creek hits. We delivered a few as well, but FC definitely brought the hammer that night.

at 1:01:30 Raceland's Jared Manis #51 kicks off and makes the hit

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.