Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mass Shootings in 2015

Featured Replies

We would be getting awfully close to Patriot Act territory - recognizing it is an invasion, but maybe something some could live with. Honestly, as unrealistic as it is, Habib's idea about registering guns and tracing when they change hands seems the most sensible to me. Even if Congress was able to close all loopholes and have universal strict background checks, we would then be dealing with mentally ill individuals hiding their illness in order to not be put on a list.

 

Me personally, I am having a difficult time reconciling my opinions with my beliefs. I have strong feelings about protecting privacy and personal liberty, but in a perfect world, I wish owning a gun was a privilege and not a right.

 

A national registration to take advantage of a constitutional right is another slippery slope, with some pretty bad precedent through out history.

 

I know there are no easy answers. What gets lost in this discussion is gun violence is on the decline.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A national registration to take advantage of a constitutional right is another slippery slope, with some pretty bad precedent through out history.

 

I know there are no easy answers. What gets lost in this discussion is gun violence is on the decline.

 

Believe me, I know. I hate Big Brother just as much as the next guy.

 

This particular situation has really bothered me because when I first saw the news on twitter, I was so unfazed. Like I just kept scrolling onto whatever the next tweet was as if this was some other mundane 140 characters. I saw Obama's remarks this morning, and still cannot stop thinking about how there was a gunman in our country knocking off kids at college and it didn't even seem out of the ordinary. I feel like if I was that jaded to something like this happening, I have no idea on what the answer is, but maybe we should start looking for it.

Believe me, I know. I hate Big Brother just as much as the next guy.

 

This particular situation has really bothered me because when I first saw the news on twitter, I was so unfazed. Like I just kept scrolling onto whatever the next tweet was as if this was some other mundane 140 characters. I saw Obama's remarks this morning, and still cannot stop thinking about how there was a gunman in our country knocking off kids at college and it didn't even seem out of the ordinary. I feel like if I was that jaded to something like this happening, I have no idea on what the answer is, but maybe we should start looking for it.

 

We've been living with this with street gang violence for decades. Those death and drug related gun violence makes up a majority of gun violence in our country.

 

That is my problem with the whole discussion. We focus on while tragic , a minority of all gun violence events. We focus on how to fix those. When a majority of gun violence is ignored and solutions to those actions.

For those inquiring about Australia and their tough gun laws, they had a shooting today at a police station. A civilian police worker was killed. Evil travels everywhere.

We've been living with this with street gang violence for decades. Those death and drug related gun violence makes up a majority of gun violence in our country.

 

That is my problem with the whole discussion. We focus on while tragic , a minority of all gun violence events. We focus on how to fix those. When a majority of gun violence is ignored and solutions to those actions.

 

Maybe I'm somewhat guilty of this, but in my head, I have always assumed the guns used in gang activity have been acquired illegally to begin with, not to mention that they're generally targeting individuals. With these mass shootings, the picture in my head is a loner living alone or with his parents and buying his weapons from a gun show (or maybe a dealer).

 

Again, I should probably add that I'm thinking out loud. I don't have a position, but I'm frustrated. Maybe my problem with these mass shootings is that they are frequent enough that they remain on our radar, but not as prevalent as gang violence or violent crime (e.g. happening somewhere everyday), whereas even if there isn't an answer, it just seems like there should be one.

---

For those inquiring about Australia and their tough gun laws, they had a shooting today at a police station. A civilian police worker was killed. Evil travels everywhere.

 

There you go. Might as well do nothing.

Maybe I'm somewhat guilty of this, but in my head, I have always assumed the guns used in gang activity have been acquired illegally to begin with, not to mention that they're generally targeting individuals. With these mass shootings, the picture in my head is a loner living alone or with his parents and buying his weapons from a gun show (or maybe a dealer).

 

Again, I should probably add that I'm thinking out loud. I don't have a position, but I'm frustrated. Maybe my problem with these mass shootings is that they are frequent enough that they remain on our radar, but not as prevalent as gang violence or violent crime (e.g. happening somewhere everyday), whereas even if there isn't an answer, it just seems like there should be one.

 

Not many of the "mass shootings" were guns actually attained legally.

My people, GUN CONTROL only takes guns out of the hands of people who obey the law. Criminals by nature break the law so why would they turn in their weapons? So the masses want me to not be able to defend my family against those who would pray upon it no matter of new or existing laws. Unless you can get all the guns, ALL THE GUNS then you cant have mine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.