Rubio aide punches Paul aide

Video footage appears to show a top official for the campaign of Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio punching the national political director of a rival candidate, Rand Paul.

The incident is alleged to have occurred during a conference on a Michigan island on Thursday night.

In a Facebook post early on Friday morning, John Yob, a Michigan-based political consultant who serves as national political director for the Paul campaign, said Rubio’s deputy campaign manager, Rich Beeson, punched him in a downtown bar on Mackinac Island.

“I ran into a guy named Rich Beeson, who frankly I didn’t even know who it was at first because he isn’t relevant in our political world,” Yob said.

“He literally physically assaulted me by punching me in the face. The state police are looking for him. I have it on video from multiple angles. This will play out in the national media in the next few hours.”

Marco Rubio official punching Rand Paul adviser caught on security video | US news | The Guardian

Maybe they should both stay away from the bar. I can't determine what happened based on one person's explanation. Shouldn't have any negative consequences for Rubio. It probably wasn't his turn to baby sit.

If you don't, then why bother opening up the thread?

This should hurt Rubio, and his aid may very well lose his job. I don't care what was said, there was no reason for him to hit the Rand Paul guy.

If it hurts Rubio it's only because people are stupid.

I opened it to say, "Who cares?"