Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 3 Holmes 0

Featured Replies

Final! One of the worst officiated games I have seen!

 

5 red cards were given in the last 2 minutes of the game

 

2-3 yellow cards as well!

 

Refs didn't seem to have control of the game!

 

Both teams played great up until the end!

 

Congrats Beechwood on the win!

Congrats to Beechwood on getting a win!

 

5 red cards? :no:

  • Author

Yeah you read that right! 5 red cards!

Any further details?

half time score?

goals by?

red cards for Holmes?

red cards for Beechwood?

 

Congrats to Beechwood for their first W of the season.

  • Author

2-0 Beechwood at the half

 

Both goals by Moses and the third goal was on a PK with less than 2 to go in the second half

 

Red Cards for Beechwood : Moses

Red Cards for Holmes: brockhoff, bernal, parton and coach haggard.

 

I believe brockhoff Parton and haggard all got carded for running on the field bc of an escalation that seemed to be between bernal and Moses.

Shame the game had to end that way. I don't really see why it is the refs fault on at least three of those reds listed. You can't run on the field during a scuffle. Doesn't matter what you were trying to do. As for the other two I wasn't there to see the play so I can't speak but I'll hazard a guess that there was some bit of nastiness to earn the Reds.

  • Author

Not saying the red cards weren't earned, I was just saying that throughout the game as a whole there was bad officiating.

Wow, that stinks for Holmes. I'm kind of surprised that Brockhoff wasn't on the field since he anchors their defense. Did he have a yellow earlier in the match?

 

Beechwood will be a totally different team without Moses for the next 2 or 3 games.

 

I guess the good news (if their is any with this) is that at least the missed games because of the red cards should not affect the outcome of the remaining district games.

 

Was Moses' speed to much for Holmes?

  • Author

Brockhoff did receive a yellow about 20 minutes before the red.

 

Moses scored the first two quick after that they handled him pretty decent.

 

Holmes had mutilple opportunities to get back in the game just couldn't find the back of the net.

Yes, first official varsity win for the Tigers. Congrats boys. On another note, I believe the BW boys are slated to play all of their games on the road due to lack of a "pitch" (I had to slip the Euro influence in) on the BW campus. With the the stadium set to get new turf in the very near future will it be wide enough to accommodate the markings for a soccer field?

Yes, first official varsity win for the Tigers. Congrats boys. On another note, I believe the BW boys are slated to play all of their games on the road due to lack of a "pitch" (I had to slip the Euro influence in) on the BW campus. With the the stadium set to get new turf in the very near future will it be wide enough to accommodate the markings for a soccer field?

 

I thought they had a squad back in the 80's, did they not win any of their matches back then?

Yellow Card, you might be right. I did not live in the area in the 80s so I have no prior knowledge. If the program was re-established then it would be the first win of the new era.

I am not sure either, could not find any info, we will have to wait for one of the old-timers to chime in.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.