Beechwood 3 Holmes 0

AGullett08

Final! One of the worst officiated games I have seen!

5 red cards were given in the last 2 minutes of the game

2-3 yellow cards as well!

Refs didn't seem to have control of the game!

Both teams played great up until the end!

Congrats Beechwood on the win!

2-0 Beechwood at the half

Both goals by Moses and the third goal was on a PK with less than 2 to go in the second half

Red Cards for Beechwood : Moses

Red Cards for Holmes: brockhoff, bernal, parton and coach haggard.

I believe brockhoff Parton and haggard all got carded for running on the field bc of an escalation that seemed to be between bernal and Moses.

Shame the game had to end that way. I don't really see why it is the refs fault on at least three of those reds listed. You can't run on the field during a scuffle. Doesn't matter what you were trying to do. As for the other two I wasn't there to see the play so I can't speak but I'll hazard a guess that there was some bit of nastiness to earn the Reds.

Wow, that stinks for Holmes. I'm kind of surprised that Brockhoff wasn't on the field since he anchors their defense. Did he have a yellow earlier in the match?

Beechwood will be a totally different team without Moses for the next 2 or 3 games.

I guess the good news (if their is any with this) is that at least the missed games because of the red cards should not affect the outcome of the remaining district games.

Was Moses' speed to much for Holmes?

Yes, first official varsity win for the Tigers. Congrats boys. On another note, I believe the BW boys are slated to play all of their games on the road due to lack of a "pitch" (I had to slip the Euro influence in) on the BW campus. With the the stadium set to get new turf in the very near future will it be wide enough to accommodate the markings for a soccer field?

Yes, first official varsity win for the Tigers. Congrats boys. On another note, I believe the BW boys are slated to play all of their games on the road due to lack of a "pitch" (I had to slip the Euro influence in) on the BW campus. With the the stadium set to get new turf in the very near future will it be wide enough to accommodate the markings for a soccer field?

I thought they had a squad back in the 80's, did they not win any of their matches back then?