Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 2 Conner 1

Featured Replies

Funny thing. I was talking in general to this official and he said "there would have to be a really strong wind for the ball to move..." As I was interrupting him to tell him where the game was he was saying "....unless it's at Cooper."

I agree with all the points your official friend made.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how the ref doing a team twice is his fault. Sounds like we need more refs. I didn't see the game though so I can't comment on this performance.

 

I was vague, sorry. Having to sit through two games of him reffing was enough to drive a person insane. The inconsistency of his calls, and the abuse of the whistle.

Over all a great game played by both teams.

Has anyone confirmed the khsaa is tracking yellow cards and also dishing out suspensions for them? Not school based but from khsaa.

I heard they are tracking them every game. The KHSAA is going to come up with a discipline rubric according to the numbers they get from this year. We have Scott to thank that...

That's tough for anyone that didn't grow up in the 80's and not familiar......the "rubric cube", that is.

Allow me to help...

 

Full Definition of RUBRIC

 

1

a : an authoritative rule; especially : a rule for conduct of a liturgical service

b (1) : name, title; specifically : the title of a statute (2) : something under which a thing is classed : category

c : an explanatory or introductory commentary : gloss; specifically : an editorial interpolation

2

: a heading of a part of a book or manuscript done or underlined in a color (as red) different from the rest

3

: an established rule, tradition, or custom

4

: a guide listing specific criteria for grading or scoring academic papers, projects, or tests

 

I think #3 applies.

Here's the way I saw the game being called last night.

KH once again insisted on being a factor in the game which in turn made the game very choppy and have no flow. I honestly don't think that there was a 5 minute period where he didn't inject himself into the game by blowing his whistle for no reason or very soft contact. Both coaching staffs were befuddled by the Pks awarded along with many other fouls. The card for resetting the ball was an absolute joke, not to mention it was one of Connors better playes, so now said kid has to play a little different since he's playing with a yellow.

In the jv match the AR called player off sides that was a defender in his defensive 3rd, he called the wrong team off sides. I know thatowe are short on refs and that we do hold them to high standards but in some cases they are the only people getting paid to be there. They are professionals, they get paid to know the rules and act professional. If you are a ref it is not your job to inject yourself as part of the game, let the kids play, you are being paid to do a certain job so do your job and nothing more or less. There are some really good ones out there, I hope we kind find more in the near future.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.