Coaches

T-CATS

Would you be in favor of a Women Head Coach at your School  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of a Women Head Coach at your School

Heard a story this morning about the Arizona Cardinals hiring a women to coach the LBs. She has 14 years of experience in the Arena League as RB LB coach. She was an intern and after tonight she won't stay with the team during the season. Listening to some of the Football players comments on how she prepares them for practice and games immediately made me think of the movie Wildcats staring Goldie Hawn. Great movie going to have find it and watch it again. Here's my question. Would you be in favor of a women being your schools head coach or assistant for that matter. Are their any women head or assistants right now in Kentucky.

I think it's tough, there's a certain mentality and what level you coach at. Are there women capable, of course, but Mainly I think it all depends on the level you're coached at. Off topic somewhat, there is footage of her playing in an arena league...she took some hard hits.

It depends largely on the ability of the individual. If the woman in question knows her stuff and would be a benefit to the program, then yes. I would support her hire 100%.

If the woman in question is not the right person for the job and the school has hired her just to show how 'progressive' they are, then no. That will only hurt the program.

Edited by psychicscubadiver
Grammar

Their are a lot of dedicated coaches who are very good at what they do. Their are some who are dedicated and aren't very good. If she can coach I wouldn't care at all to support her. My drill sergeant in boot camp was a women the only one at the base. Trust me she put the fear of God in us and was 5'2 110.